1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guess What I Found in my Kombi???

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DancingDoonars, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I can sell you half a bottle..... :D

2. KellieBee

KellieBee New Member

don't forget the full set of scrable tiles in Jack's glove box

3. DancingDoonars

DancingDoonars Active Member

Is it a stock standard VW original stick or did the previous owner rat it?:lol:

4. DancingDoonars

DancingDoonars Active Member

. . . . . . and the tiles read " R.A.T. M.E. " :eek:
    that's 54 points and triple score!:lol: :lol:

5. gsa2at

gsa2at New Member

i haven;t found said stick on any Vw website
    its a nice stick with some distressed edges so i am guessing it was a rat at some time

6. bonnie the kombi

bonnie the kombi Member

In Sybil I found a new starter motor under the back seat, a 50 cent coin, a manual, heaps of receipts for work done to her, a photo of her new motor before it was fitted, big can of touch up paint and an umbrella.
    In Wobert I found heaps of spare parts and the blown up motor, still full of oil, shoved into the back. Needless to say it took a while to clean him out! Sunglasses, about $5 in change, books, CD's, clothes etc... He had been abandoned at the local RACV yard with all the guys stuff still in him from 3 years ago, a very smelly, sorry sight, especially with the motor just put on top of it all!!

7. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

In my Kombi, in one of the drawers, I found my soul. I took it for a drive and it stuck its head out the window.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Dingo very well put
    I found the hole in the bottom of my bankbalance and the tattered shreds of my sanity after a bad weekend,

9. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

I found the Joker card and a hand written note from one of the previous owners in the ashtray....oh yeah and a pair of sexy nickers and half a joint.:lol:

10. morts

morts Member

Lorraine said
    What were they - safaris!!

11. slowas

slowas New Member

I found a "Mcleods Daughters" call sheet dated tuesday 19th june 2001 and a condom from the 1970s. Im saving it for when i get lucky!

12. morts

morts Member

My deluxe had been parked up 26 years ago and in it I found this motley lot in it :-

3 'L' plates, 2 clapped out table tennis bats, log cabin, benson and hedges and state express tobacco tins, army buttons, a few old David Jones bags, electric fence tags, a box of bullets for a .22, a postcard from Mount Gambier, a Dick Smith auto reverse stereo cassette box:cool: (I remember buying one of these for my first car many moons ago!), 2 business cards from a Moroccan artisan, a letterhead from the home office in London, three letters from Gold mining companies advising the writer had been unsuccesful in job applications, a brochure from the Easts Beach caravan park in Kiama NSW, a ticket dated Feb '81 from a trans mediterranean liner to Madrid, an empty monster munch packet with a byline of 'spine tingling fang food'!, and a 1984 RAA Motor magazine still in its cover on the front seat - and on the front cover the a fire truck from........McLaren Vale, where I live - spooky...

13. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Guest

tink had weeds, lots of weeds!!!!:wtf: i'm talking major amounts of thistles!!! copious amounts of arachnids and other sorts of indescribable things with too many legs, (still think some are there!) and her last owner was a new south welshman with a birthday on Christmas??? (old rego papers and stuff), 3c and lots of beer bottle tops in the panels, that's about all i can remember!:umm:

14. old skool

old skool New Member

Found RUST in mine:)

[​IMG]

15. josh-kombi-kid

josh-kombi-kid New Member

i had 5 planks of wood, a bike, half a back seat, 2 beanbags, a moldy old matress, a fully charged battery :) , spare tyre, spare wheel cover, old log book from mid 90's, a box full of thongs, a torch, a grind bar, couch cushions, windscreen shade, cooler bag, floor mat, fire extinguisher....ummmmmm i cant think of the rest :)

16. Bricktop

Bricktop New Member

i found $35.55 in a plastic bag stuffed into the heater channel....

17. emby

emby Active Member

It all begs the question should you hide something in your kombi now for someone else to find in thrity or so years? Make your own time capsule.

What would you hide in yours?

18. josh-kombi-kid

josh-kombi-kid New Member

i'd put a picture of the kombi in it, so they could see how it looked in its early days' :) "i'd definately like to see what my kombi looked like back in the day" :D

19. greenbay

greenbay New Member

well this may sound corny ....but,i found a big bunch of HAPPINESS:D :D :heart: in both of my kombis:lol:

20. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

I found board games, cutlery, crockery, camping table & chairs, stove & gas bottle, lamp etc.:)
    Best of all I found a great group of people who don't care what your vehicle looks like. The same group just accept you for what you are.:D