1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has Coronavirus caused a benefit to the environment?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Grantus, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

You are right Indonesia area ,are going to be in bad shape,time will only tell.

Debstar likes this.
  2. ttmck

ttmck Super Moderator Staff Member

The only place on earth which is safe is North Korea as no one in there right mind visits this country i wonder if little rocket man is in lockdown North Korea news is very quiet now no rockets got to be good

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020 at 12:12 PM
    TeeBee and KahunaKombi like this.
  3. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I said before, that the decisive actions of the authorities are constantly running about 3 weeks too late. :(

As of Sunday, ALL people arriving home will now be in enforced isolation, rather than just voluntary isolation - if done 3 weeks ago, before the whole cruise ship disembarked in Sydney without any checks, we would have had a better chance here, of slowing the increase of cases.

And we seriously should all be in total lockdown already, UK or France style, but the authorities are still juggling the financial situation v health situation. We will all go into lockdown at some stage, which will cause the same financial burden, so why aren’t they doing it earlier? Same financial implication whether sooner or later, but a much better health chance, if done earlier than later. o_O

Having been involved in the shocker of a fire season, I observed that people and authorities, fall into 3 categories when facing a possible crisis.

1. Complacency - Denial of the situation, and doing very little about it, thinking it will not actually affect them.

2. Competence - Planning, and trying to put effective contingency plans into place early.

3. Chaotic - Over reacting, and panic, as the situation suddenly becomes obvious, which never ends well.

If option 1 is chosen, the result then bypasses option 2, and goes straight to option 3. Case in point, the US current situation. :eek:

Maybe this is just natures way of saying to the human population, enough is enough, you didn’t listen, so this is the result? :rolleyes:

Just my 2 cents worth, and personal observation of what’s going on.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020 at 12:24 AM
  4. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Natural pattern for a population that isn't contained by a natural balance due to lack of food , space, predation is to shit itself out of existence, turn on itself, succumb to disease.

This won't change much as the death toll from the virus will be more than compensated for by less deaths that would have occured from breathing polluted air.

And no chance we will learn anything.

A foretaste of the economic chaos that will occur within the next 20 years from global warming.

Ninga and TeeBee like this.
  5. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

If the government locked down when they brought people back from Wuhan China and every person that entered the country went into compulsory quarantine like in Darwin,we wouldn't have anywhere near the trouble we are in know and in the future. The country might of been able to operate normal and only the Australian citizens travelling that are coming from overseas have to be quarantine for a minimum 14 day period.

TeeBee likes this.
  6. ttmck

ttmck Super Moderator Staff Member

lets see if China is the first to have a vaccine seeing they basically caused it may be it was created to benefit there master plan . one thing that troubles me it will take years to vaccinate all in the world so at the end of the day with regarding this post question i think China will only benefit

David H likes this.
  7. David H

David H Well-Known Member

& buy the rest of the world cheaply:(.
    Damn glad I'm not young:mad:.
    & what will China then do to the environment?
    They did come off the one child policy years ago as they got more money.
    How many can a sustainable world contain?
    Not Cheers

Debstar likes this.
  8. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

And the lockdown babies.

Debstar likes this.
  9. Maxa1967

Maxa1967 Member

No real benefit to the environment yet. If it knocks out 5-6 billion out of the equation it will be very beneficial.