1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you seen Ardi??

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by Van Housing, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

I am posting this up in the hope that one of our members near Coolum can help Denise find her lost dog....

"Please everyone can you keep looking for our dog? We can't believe that Ardi is missing. He went missing in a very short period of time from within our own street, or at the very most, from the bottom of our street. I have to stress that Ardi never wandered so this is totally out of character. We can only hope that someone thought he was homeless and has taken him home to care for him. If you do see a shiny black dog anywhere, most likely on the sunshine coast in the Coolum area but in theory he could be anywhere on the east coast... things to look for are: Greying around his mouth; a little bit of grey on his chest and feet; a small healing cut on his right front foot. Ardi is also highly allergic to fleas so if he is in a place with fleas, by now he will be scratching uncontrollably and getting very unhappy, we can fix it...please help bring him home. We are also offering a large reward...help me get the word out, thanks."

This is Ardi enjoying kombi travelling:

[​IMG]

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=100306314802

Please everyone in the Coolum area, keep an eye out! :)

2. Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat Member

Thanks heaps for posting Woz...there is still no sign of him, we have had 2 calls of possible sightings but both times we have seen similar looking dogs but not our Ardi. If you are out in your Kombi (or beetle) anywhere at all (if he has been stolen as we now think, he could be a long way from Coolum by now) and you see a black lab like dog look your way, it could be him. He lives with 2 Kombis and a beetle and recognises the sounds of them coming and going. He absolutely loves His Kombi!
    [​IMG]
    Ardi helping paint the Kombi
    [​IMG]
    Ardi where he belongs..

3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Good luck guys. Hope the good ol black bbq vacuum cleaner is home soon:)
    cheers
    col

4. Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat Member

Last edited: Jul 11, 2009
  5. Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat Member

bump...............

6. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Sorry to hear of Ardi's disappearance Denise and Stan.

We'll keep an eye peeled down this end of the coast for him.

Cheers
    Brett, Toni and the G'ster.

7. Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat Member

Thanks Brett. We've posted notices as far south as Maroochydore but he could be anywhere I guess. Hope you've all had a nice weekend :)

8. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

We were talking about Ardi today at Redcliffe, and I'm very sad to hear there's been no sightings of him.

I've got all of my fingers crossed for you and Stan. :heart:

9. Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat Member

Thanks Kyra. Today Alex and Claire helped us posting signs and leaflets everywhere up here...we are still keeping hopeful, he could be anywhere!
    Redcliffe looked like a great day....wish we could have come, next time....with Ardi in tow!

10. Van Housing

The hunt for Ardi has made it into the press! :)

(well done Kellie! :))

"To the miserable scum who stole a labrador-cross from a Mount Coolum home last Thursday, be warned. The search for Ardi has gone global.

The Ryan family has turned to social networking site Facebook to help them find their missing friend and already more than 100 people from across the world have joined in the dog hunt.

Denise Ryan said her friend, Kellie Bradfield, had suggested she create a group on Facebook called “have you seen Ardi?” which included photographs of the beloved “member of the family” for the past six years.

“We’ve had a huge response,” Mrs Ryan said.

“It’s a different world.

“We’ve had friends from overseas add themselves to it. A lot of them have been here and visited us and met Ardi.

“It gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling to think that Ardi has friends all over the world.”

Ardi, who was bought from the RSPCA, was last seen in the family’s fenced yard at 4.30pm last Thursday.

“He was at the front gate as a friend came home and he went down and greeted him,” Mrs Ryan said.

“I didn’t notice he was gone until my son came home at 6.30pm. Ardi has never, ever strayed.”

The Ryans fear someone has stolen the dog they have fallen in love with.

They are offering a $200 “no questions asked” reward for his safe return.

“He has a flea allergy also. If someone has him please just take him to the vet,” Mrs Ryan said.

If you have seen Ardi, contact Mrs Ryan on 0416 158 679."

http://www.thedaily.com.au/news/2009/jul/15/search-goes-global/

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  11. MISS VDUB

MISS VDUB New Member

I heard he has been found?

What's the news?

12. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Hope that is correct.:)

13. Van Housing

Apparently true - and great news! We're just waiting for Denise to confirm it .... :)

Well done Kellie for your efforts! :) ... and everyone else that assisted, or kept an eye open ....

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  14. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

excellent news :) ....thanks to all that helped towards finding him

15. Wodewick

Wodewick New Member

terrific news:)

16. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Just saw this and rang Denise . Its true. Real long odds but great stuff.
    col

17. KellieBee

KellieBee New Member

It's sooo very true
    Denise and Stan are over the moon and the sunshine coast Daily are there doing another story

18. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Guess this means a 'Pal party'. Pal hamburgers for the humans.
    Lucky you are a vege Woz:lol:
    cheers

19. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Great news Stan and Denise.

20. Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat Member

SOOOO Happy!! Thankyou everyone for your support! He was first seen about 20klms from here about 20 mins after we had last seen him, last thursday evening....clearly he had some help getting there....He found a lovely house in a rural area. The family initially shooed him away but he wouldn't leave so they fed and looked after him and asked all their neighbours if they'd lost a dog, when no-one claimed him they just kept feeding him and assuming his owners would turn up sooner or later. They saw the article in today's daily...best phonecall ever. He's currently spoilt rotten and blissfully asleep on the couch :)