1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Head Lining / Pop Top Fasteners

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Kombi of Hope, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Kombi of Hope

Kombi of Hope New Member

Hi there

Anyone got any pictures of a successful relining project or should we just bite the bullet and take it to a professional?

Also what do people use as fasteners to keep the pop top down? After two years of renovations, we can't seem to find the originals - not sure we had them in the first place.

Cheers, Verity

2. vinny

vinny Active Member

my poptop has metal latches that work really well, im sure you could find them at a hardware store, can't imagine they would be too expensive...
    otherwise you can buy some really good ones here- 25 pound for 4 (these are what i have)
    http://www.campershop.co.uk/devon-bw68.htm

3. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

I used doubled over heavy duty webbing straps attached to the inside edge of our Sopru pop top (similar to original), with pop off Tenax fasteners as seen on the home page of www.classicfasteners.com.au in Adelaide, they were dirt cheap and worked a treat, just had to be a bit careful to get the length of webbing right...

4. alienboy

alienboy Member

Hi Vinny, might you put up a pic for us to see them installed. I cant get my head around how they fasten to the bus, or how they latch from there?! thx

5. vinny

vinny Active Member

Hey Alien, seeing as though my bus is fully stripped I can't get a pic, although I will check tomorrow in my gallery and see...

if not I'm sure I'll be able to find a pic from another van similar to mine with them in.

Harry

6. alienboy

alienboy Member

... i think i knew that, its the one in your avatar pic (you should put in an updated pic for us), were they installed in it at that time... Anthony

7. Kombi of Hope

Kombi of Hope New Member

Just ordered the pop top fasteners from Roy. Has anyone used them? Thanks for all the other suggestions. If Roy's don't work out, we'll try the other options.