1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heater cables

Discussion in 'Bay Tech Clinic' started by Bok Choi, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Bok Choi

Bok Choi Member

Hi I am wondering if someone could post a pic or let me know what I need to get the flap that regulates the heater from the front floor (feet vents) to the demister connected to the cable. I have the cable and the red lever on the dash but am missing the piece that connects the cable to the flap under the dash board. Thanks

2. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Have you got a photo?What you have got.
    What model I take it 75 on. One blue lever and two red on the dash?
    At the center tower in under the dash the cable is held on with a coiled spring clip on a boomerang shape swivel lever that has a bracket that screws on to the tower to help hold the cable in position as you move the lever on the dash.
    Under the dash the control lever unit where all the levers run off the cable is held on to the lever by the same coiled spring clip ,there is also a bracket where all the cables are held together with a spring metal clip that holds all cables in to that bracket,which is supporting the cables while you are pulling on the cables to turn them on and off.
    Sorry I have no photo's ,I'm sure someone has what you want. I'm not 100% if this is what you are after.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  3. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Is it this lever on the vertical post Bok Choi? P1110479.JPG
    Cheers

4. David H

Better photo
    24476-affa6ae7f1e11aea0ffea93e726f9b8b.jpg

Cheers

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  5. Bok Choi

Bok Choi Member

Hi David thanks for that it is actually the clip that holds the cable that I am after. The rusty one in the pic...does anyone know where I can get one from? I am also missing the spring which I didn't even know was missing...cheers...Rob

6. Wayne murray

I'll have a look for the clip slight outside chance I might,need to look through a bucket load of bitz and bobs.:D

David H likes this.
  7. David H

If Wayne doesn't have one I could make a copy in 316 stainless that I reckon would have enough spring in it.
    Cheers

8. tintop

tintop Well-Known Member

Here's two variations IMG_20190410_163314.jpg IMG_20190410_163754.jpg

9. Bok Choi

Bok Choi Member

Yes the second type looks like mine....I have buckets of spare parts/screws and VW stuff so will have a look through what I have here thanks for the replies

10. Wayne murray

Sorry it took some time to rummage through some containers trying to find it,but I've got one as shown in photo. This what you need @Bok Choi IMG_20190411_174700.jpg