1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heavy Item Transport - Melbourne to Sydney

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bilckster, Sep 16, 2010.

1. bilckster

bilckster Member

Hi All,

I'm at a loss and hoping someone here has a brilliant idea that I haven't thought of.

I'm trying to get a Letterpress sent from Bentleigh, VIC to Sydney, NSW. The problem is that it weighs between 150-200kg and is not packed up in any way. Most transport companies won't take it if it isn't packed up and strapped down to a crate.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a reliable transport service that would pick this up and drop it off in Sydney. We've only had one or two quotes and they have been around the $450-$500 mark which is a bit high for us. I know I could get it into the back of my Transporter if I was down there but it would cost me almost $450 in petrol to get down there and back not to mention the time it would take.

Alternatively is there anyone driving up to Sydney from Melbourne who I could throw some cash dollars to pick it up? I'd be happy to pick it up from anywhere in Sydney. The previous owner was able to get it on the back of a trailer with the help of a friend so it is definitely light enough to move into the back of a van.

This is what it looks like. It's about 1300mm tall x 1100mm deep x 640mm wide.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Any and all advice, suggestions, brilliant ideas are welcome.

2. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

If you could wait until Easter, I'm sure someone could bring it up to Narooma -2011 Bus Stop - & you could pick it up from there....? Just a thought.
    If it was mine, though I think I'd want to get my hands on it asap - nice looking piece of machinery !! Cheers, Mark

3. bilckster

bilckster Member

Thanks Mark, cheers for the offer.

I think we are heading down that way for New Years so might try and convince the guy I bought it off to wait until then if I can't work out a way of getting it up quicker. Why couldn't my missus find a lighter hobby :). Everything about letterpress is heavy.