Help from any Kombi owners in the Cairns area?

Discussion in 'QLD' started by Kombi Camper, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Kombi Camper

Kombi Camper New Member

Hi All, my name is Luke and Im a 26 year old kombi mad fella from Canberra. I have been the proud owner of a 74 Kombi camper (Klaus) for the past 6 years and am asking for the assistance of any Kombi owners in the Cairns area.

My fiance and I are getting married at Palm Cove on the afternoon of Tuesday the 28th of April 2009. We with all our guests are on a P&O cruise that leaves Brisbane and sails up the QLD coast docking at Cairns on the 28th. We have arranged a bus to pick up all the guests and take them from Trinity warfe to Palm Cove for the ceremony. Being Kombi enthusiasts we always planned to have our Kombi (Klaus) as our wedding car, but when we decided to get married in QLD that sadly ruled him out. Since then I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to find a hire car service in north QLD that has Kombis to chauffer my bride to the wedding ceremony.
    With no luck finding a hire business in Nth QLD with Kombis, I thought I might try the Kombi Club to see if any members in the area would be willing to help us out? It would only be for half an hour or so from 3:00pm on 28th/4/09 and go from Clifton beach to Palm Cove. I would of course pay for your troubles and for helping us out so much.
    We dont mind at all what condition your Kombi is in, as each and every one oozes its own character and we love them all.

If you think you might be able to help, or might know someone that can it would be fantastic to hear from you.

fingers crossed,

Luke

2. ltonk

ltonk Member

Hi Luke,

Good luck with the wedding. I cant help you out as I am from Sydney but when we were travelling around Oz I have my van serviced at:

Werners VW Centre
    29 Hartley Street
    Cairns 4870 QLD
    Ph: (07) 4031 7017
    Fax: (07) 4031 7155

The Guy there was awesome. It might be worth calling him and asking if he can put a notice on his board. He had heaps of Kombis parked out the front when we were there.

Cheers,
    Luke

3. Kombi Camper

Kombi Camper New Member

That is an awesome idea, I will give him a call.
    Thank you so much for your help. It’s appreciated immensely!

4. leithbro

leithbro Member

This is linked off the Recommended Kombi Service Centre map, so apologies for dragging up an old thread. I can't share this recommendation, do some searching and you'll find why.