1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please - rear seat bracket pic needed

Discussion in 'Splitty Tech Clinic' started by mwizz, Jul 6, 2020.

1. mwizz

mwizz Member

Hi all, can someone that has a 67 splitty with a seat at the back be kind enough to post a pic of the brackets fitted to the backrest of the seat.

I am currently reupholstering my seats and my seat covers were very bad so I couldn't tell how the bracket fits on properly. Does the seat cover go over the piece with the twin holes (see my pic) that is on the frame and the bracket screwed through the seat cover or some other way. Hoping someone can help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 6621104

6621104 Member

Mark, the rear seat bracket is attached after the seat cover is fitted. The picture you show is not an original bracket- two hex head screws thread into the seat frame. I can take some pics but not until the w/e.
    I note you are in Adelaide - as am I.

Jethro and David H like this.
  3. 77/kombi/surfer

77/kombi/surfer Well-Known Member

the screws look like bay ones, theyll still work. the bracket is home made. if your using a bay seat the brackets are longer in length. the picture ive posted is a correct split seat bracket an fittings
    218219.jpg

4. mwizz

mwizz Member

Good to get a message from another Adelaide Kombi owner. Thanks for this. I've got an original bracket on the other side still fitted to the Kombi body but the Kombi is not currently at my place so I could only show the other bracket that had been fixed to the seat frame as I had that one at home. I won't be using that in the restoration. Good to know that the seat cover is fitted first. I will have to either tap a thread or use self tappers.

5. mwizz

mwizz Member

Thanks for the pic, that is excellent.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020