1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heritage Parts Centre

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by syncro, Mar 12, 2020.

1. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Back to don't PO the person on the counter that you WILL need to deal with in the future;).
    Cheers

2. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

You mean like the RMS?

3. David H

Them also!
    Cheers

syncro likes this.
  4. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

I had a dispute once before when the female at the RMS told me that I needed a small number plate on the front of the car. Wasted an hour there and she didn't admit she was wrong.

5. David H

If you're on the 'other side' of the counter 'the other side is right';)! & you could have saved an hour of life & frustration!
    Nod , smile & agree:mad: but do it as it's easier in the long run!.
    Cheers

6. paul77

paul77 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    David H likes this.
  7. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

8. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

If I had of agreed with that one I could have lost my plates. Could have been very expensive. After going away and talking to her manager for 40 minutes she just came back and said we will allow it this time.

Times have changed now but I have found over the years some the RTA people have been the most obnoxious unhelpful people that I have ever dealt with. Yet the staff at my local branch are brilliant.

9. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

Ah Phil as tactful as ever :)

David H and Syncro27 like this.
  10. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

I dislike dishonest people. We will just leave it there Phil.

Luckyphil likes this.
  11. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Personal attack NOT called for and will NOT be tolerated .... do it off line if you want to but any continuation on line will result in a warning and possible suspension so you can chill down. This forum doesn't tolerate insulting others.

Phill has stated in the Thread he has previously purchased from Heritage Parts Centre (or is HPC some other parts centre you are referencing) and HAD DELIVERY to a PO Box - not sure how you missed that statement.
    Consider what you post as Moderators will act accordingly.

12. Luckyphil

Luckyphil Well-Known Member

In defense of Maccas, Phil started it with his remark so both are at fault not just Maccas.

13. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

They want to get you your parts, all they are asking is for more information so it can get delivered safely. Up to you to choose not to oblige their request or choose not to use them again. I don't see anything wrong with her email, really they should have asked last time as well.

It's really simple to get around and most rural LPO's are happy to oblige for paying PO box customers. Use this format when you want something delivered that anyone other than Australia Post will handle.

Your Name
    C/- Your LPO - PO Box ***
    LPO address
    Suburb, Post Code
    State
    Australia

Alternatively ask them to send it via Royal Mail, they will pass it off onto Australia Post.

Barry, David H and tintop like this.
  14. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Others in general or just other members?

David H likes this.
  15. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

A problem with this company is a lack of response to emails.

I have just received an email from DHL saying that my parcel is on its way to my PO Box.

16. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

A quick question for Kai (not a debate) Why would DHL require the street address for a PO? It's not as if they wouldn't know where it was located. I suppose it may be a procedural thing.

17. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

Generally the more information the better and more chance it will get delivered. If you provide a street address it’s then treated like a delivery to a business instead of a PO Box.

It’s probably not a problem without it, but just for the sake of it put in for courier deliveries. PO Boxes are part of the Australia Post network and access to them to put your parcel or letter or whatever in is controlled by them. Some couriers can deliver to PO Boxes as they have an arrangement with Australia Post.

Save yourself the hassle and just use the format above, no one will ask you questions.

syncro likes this.
  18. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Thank you Kai. I mail order with various couriers at least twice per week and have never come across this before. It just seems a little strange.

19. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Times changing Phill as are delivery systems ..... if for the better is questionable ..... I'd go with Kai's post and save future hassle and give them the info.

Hell I bought something again (3rd time for sports shoes) from Neutral Bay NSW .... 1st pair arrived day Fastway said they would ..... 2nd pair 1 day later ... 3rd pair - the courier has had them on board since 7.24 am Wednesday 11th March 2020 and I still haven't got them delivered. Sent a follow up Where is My Delivery on Thursday night and nothing back from them yet = looks like a call around this time tomorrow if I've heard or received nothing. Oh and this is the same street address for all 3 deliveries.

20. Buggergary

Buggergary Active Member

I ordered from them the first time ever on the 2 nd of march. I wasn't sure if they sent aus post or courier so I left my usual delivery address I use on ebay.
    I live out of town and have road side delivery and aus post just leave a card and I pick up next time i'm in town.
    If things get sent by courier I then have problems as they won't deliver even though i'm only 12 minutes from town. They leave it in town at strange places and don't even let you know even though your phone number is usually on it so you have to go round the usual drop off points looking for things when they don't turn up.

Anyway I am getting a bit concerned now because according to the tracking number it left Gatwick UK on the 3rd and arrived in Melbourne on the 5th then the tracking says " delivery arranged no details expected"
    Its now the 15th and I still haven't seen or herd anything of the parts so getting a bit worried that i'm in for a chase about again :mad: