1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heritage Parts Centre

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by syncro, Mar 12, 2020.

1. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Yes I trust Kai's opinion as he is in a related industry. The problem is they don't reply to emails. I have dealt with them many times but I have never had to contact them before after my initial order and the parts have seamlessly arrived at my post office box.

Apparently my parts departed DHL Sydney about an hour ago.

2. David H

David H Well-Known Member

So they turn up yet?
    Quick to bitch but not reward & leave us in limbo @syncro ?
    Cheers

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
    Dapom likes this.
  3. bern

bern Well-Known Member

Get an agreeable friend's addy (?) closeby to post it all to,
    Maybe first get a friend? lol Phil

David H likes this.
  4. David H

I saw that;).
    Cheers Bern

5. Buggergary

Buggergary Active Member

Bit relieved here :) my parts finally turned up on friday 20th but not by the means that they were sent :confused:
    A Roberts real estate van came to my house and the driver hopped out with my box of parts.
    It seems that the courier decided that my place was too hard to find so they dumped it at their store and it had been sitting there since the 16th.
    I was lucky that the agent kindly dropped it off to me after it had been sitting there for a week when they were out in my area or I would still be emailing the DHL couriers chasing it up.
    I had already sent three emails to them and they were drawing it out with the generic look about your house in potplants and under plants crap :mad:

My phone number was on the front of the package so why didn't the courier send me a txt or call telling me where they had dumped it surely it wouldn't be that hard.

The parts look good and I can't blame heritage as they did their end it was the courier that let them down.
    It cost $40 for postage you would think that would at least get it to your door as it was only a small box.

Sorry for jumping in on your thread syncro but I thought i would share my experience.
    90306762_2694988850785138_788044039738884096_n (Small).jpg Someone in packing stuffed up though they sent an extra brake line for some reason :)

syncro and David H like this.
  6. David H

Nice agent folk there @Buggergary. What side the brake line?
    Cheers

Buggergary likes this.
  7. Buggergary

Buggergary Active Member

I think it's the rear left hose it's a male /female hose they doubled up on that one when I only ordered 1 of them.
    I was only charged for one so that takes the postage down to $18 and I think it will fit my bug :)
    I think the right rear is a female/female so I had to order 1 of each because each side is different. Both front ones are the same both sides.

David H likes this.
  8. David H

Bonus!
    Cheers

9. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  10. Mordred

Mordred Super Moderator Staff Member

I think I saw in a post somewhere that Heritage Parts Centre was closing due to COVID-19 for the next few weeks. Not VW Heritage. Correct me if I am wrong but it would explain no emails.

Adrian

11. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

This was pre closures. VW Heritage does not exist anymore.

12. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Web site is still up!

13. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

bern likes this.
  14. bern

bern Well-Known Member

had it switch over automatically....just as in a traditional marriage -namechange....:D easy as:cool:

15. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

rename due to using "VW" in their former name - not allowed. hence Heritage Parts Centre

TeeBee, Syncro27 and David H like this.
  16. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Yup ..... Volkswagen most protective of organisations using the VW name/title in anything they aren't associated ..... approach them and they can approve/allow VW to be used.