1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey from Bendigo

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Van de Blauw, May 12, 2012.

1. Van de Blauw

Van de Blauw Member

Hey there everyone,
    Very close to purchasing my very first bus, and flaming excited about it to be honest. Very fresh to the restoration world too, but I figure there's nothing that can't be learnt when enthusiasm and time are on your side. Just Wondering if there are any kind folks around the Bendigo region who'd be willing/able to take me under there wing for some advice/help during the process!
    All things being even I should be picking the bus up within the month, just in time for 7 weeks of Uni holidays.

Cheers guys,
    Dan

2. vwfreak03

vwfreak03 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club,

Iam sure you will find all the advice you want on here and if you cant just ask...plenty of people willing to help

Stayed at Bendigo in our kombi on the way back from theswan hill bus stop and liked it there :)

3. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Hey Dan, welcome to KC cobba. Might catch up with you in a couple of weeks. As just found out one of our nephews has just moved from the IZA to bendigo

4. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Looking out for the pics when you get the bus.
    Get yourself a repair manual and start reading!

5. Sam 2 can

Sam 2 can Member

Hi Dan
    Be glad to meet you Neighbour,and help another Kombi enthusiast.Just give me a call.
    54 397453.

6. Pomboy64

Pomboy64 Active Member

Dan, good luck hunting for a van, I'm still looking but I think I've found one!, the adventure starts. :)

7. JonV2

JonV2 Member

Hi Dan, Welcome to the forum... Just(ish) down the road from you myself. Good luck with the search!

And Pomboy64; Shame on you for trying to highjack Dan's first post!! :p - Seriously though, you can't leave us hanging like that... Details, Photos and more Details! :)

8. Van de Blauw

Van de Blauw Member

Well.... It's official. I've joined the club. Bringing the bus back as we speak and couldn't be more excited. Everyone has been really supportive, and I'm really lucky to have the family support of my partner, who have donated their large (and empty) shed for the work to begin. Stay tuned for pictures people.