1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi All

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Frank Baker, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Frank Baker

Frank Baker New Member

I have been a long time keen Kombi and Beetle fan. I drove Kombis in the Army as a duty vehicles. I also did some welding on my friends beetle on the floor panel. I have never owned one, but now that I am retired I am looking around for a project to keep me busy. I am new to these threads and things but hear goes.

Kind Regards

Frank

2. stusbus

stusbus Well-Known Member

Hi Frank ,
    Welcome to the KC ! If your looking to buy a kombi have a look on the vehicles for sale thread & there's plenty on ebay & gumtree etc ! Good luck with your search !! ;)

3. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to KC. Must have been a while since you drove them in the Army. We had them in the Air Force. Some were used as crew vans on the tarmac, some as general purpose people movers and some as mobile control towers. Even had them in Vietnam in 1969, both split window and early bay.

Ian

4. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Welcome Frank :)

5. tonys9604

tonys9604 Member

Welcome Frank, sounds like you may be or are a handy person to know,any experience with mechanical work on VW motors ? cheers tonys

6. Frank Baker

Frank Baker New Member

Hi Ian

First intake nasho 1965 and yes it has been a while.

7. Frank Baker

Frank Baker New Member

Hi Tony

Tony I have not done much with the VW but a lot with other cars. I have done a bit of every things in my 69 years but the new stuff leaves me scratching my head.

8. Frank Baker

Frank Baker New Member

Looking Looking