1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Roof added on a 1984 VW T3 - Nightmare to register

Discussion in 'T3 & T4 Tech Help Clinic' started by Sebastien, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

Have to agree there. Just waited a week for a response when I asked about fitting for an exhaust.
    It was only when I responded that that they told me it was 16 + 2 weeks for delivery

2. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for a reply from 12 months ago. I'll just take it as a loss.

3. Wiz

Wiz Well-Known Member

Which area of Melbourne can you take vehicle for repairs?

4. Wiz

Wiz Well-Known Member

I try to plan ahead and have ordered and received all of the essential parts for front suspension rebuild (tie rod ends, bushes etc) although haven't started the front yet.
    Anything that was not in stock while planning the front end I put into the wishlist for later and use it to top up the next order.
    The other thing I sometimes do is split into two orders - one with the parts in stock and one with the parts on back order.
    Beware of 'out of stock', 'awaiting stock' and 'not currently available'. I ordered some Key Blank with R Profile in September (111-837-219) - they are still 'awaiting stock'.
    PR

5. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I was short a bush for the gear selector, (ordered the wrong part as I didn’t notice the different letter on the end of the part no), and as the bus was taking up space at my mechanics shop, needed the part promptly.

Rather than the 10 day wait for delivery from the usual Euro suppliers, I noticed on the VW Heritage Australian website, the part was “in stock”, so ordered it straight away, hoping for maybe a 3 day delivery time…………

Turned out, in was “in stock” in the UK, not in Australia, so it was over 2 weeks before it showed up. :mad:

6. Sebastien

Sebastien Member

H
    Thanks Syncro! I may need it indeed. My mechanic has done some research today but not sure if he has already ordered them. I will let you know tomorrow:) Thank you so much!

oldman likes this.
  7. Sebastien

Sebastien Member

Newport (3015)

8. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Best of luck finding anything that's not split, lowlight, merchandising.

9. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I think I bought the last few T3’s bits a while ago, when they were emptied out & put up for sale on their EBay account…..:(

At least I was still supporting them, by doing so……..

syncro likes this.
  10. Wiz

Wiz Well-Known Member

PM sent
    PR

11. Dapom

Dapom Well-Known Member

Just on the subject of T3 parts Righteous Kombis now stock a fair selection of bits :)

12. Sebastien

Sebastien Member

All good now, after 4200 AUD of parts + labour! But it looks new underneath. Suspensions, Brakes, CV joints etc are all new. Thanks for all your support guys, that is very helpful. Now I have my 2nd round for the RWC and I hope she will be regoed on Saturday with Club Permit :)

Syncro27, Grantus, syncro and 4 others like this.
  13. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Good luck!! I hope it goes well :)

14. Sebastien

Sebastien Member

It didn't go well, the garagist forgot to fix an headlight and it was rejected + the electrician forgot to put the VIN number on the cert. The guy isn't playing nice basically.

Do you know any RWC center which will do an old 1984 campervan in the Melbourne region without problems? We went through someone who doesn't really know about the old campervans and we presented the van to other people, they refused to do the RWC inspection when they first see the car pretexting it's too much paperwork.

15. Luna76

Luna76 Active Member

My T2 van was RWC at Poultons Garage in Riddells Creek, they were very interested in any rust areas, which were fixed, but I felt accomodating of the “oldness” of the Kombi. PM me if you want more details

David H likes this.
  16. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

The unfortunate thing about the tests being in a system is if you go to another engineer questions may be asked?

17. Sebastien

Sebastien Member

The odd thing, is that there is nothing bad with it, I asked. The guy is just bothered and I have the feeling that this guy accepted the job, put a full list of items to replace, that, knowing he will never RWC it. Be highly inconvenient, and made me pay 250AUD for a Roadworthy inspected and rejected. Basically, he ripped me off.

I brought the van to different ppl and they just said; it's too much hassle. I don't understand the reason why it is happening in the background.

If I use someone else, I will call before and let them know the reality of it. Then, they can accept the job or not on the phone.

18. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

I don't think it's an engineer but a RWC inspector.

19. Sebastien

Sebastien Member

Yes, correct Syncro. The VASS Engineer was just awesome. She is amazed how difficult it is with this RWC Inspector. She had never seen this in her life. We had to use her to tell the RWC Inspector that he wasn't correct on some requirements needed.

20. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

The VASS engineer is probably a professional engineer. The RWC inspector is probably only a tradesman.