Hire a Kombi in Tassie?

Discussion in 'Tas' started by bilckster, Jun 6, 2011.

1. bilckster

bilckster Member

This could be in the wrong section but no idea where to start with this one? Planning a week in Tassie and want to hire a kombi campervan (T3 preferably) while we are down there. It's just too far and costs to much to take Colonel Mustard down for only a week.

Anyone know of any kombi hire places? Any other ways I could get my hands on a kombi for a week down there?

Any and all suggestions appreciated. Outlandish ideas encouraged.

2. PhotoBus

PhotoBus New Member

Nope. Though plenty of people have interpreted the HIRE ME along the side of mine as to it being a hire car, which it is not. Has made me be tempted to buy one to hire out…

3. bilckster

bilckster Member

Hmmm, I reckon a hire kombi in Tassie would be great. It's so expensive to get over there by Ferry with a vehicle that it's easier and cheaper to fly over and hire a campervan.

4. carazeee

carazeee Member

Try bargain car rentals for cheap campervan hire... They might be the best option for you while you are down here! :)

5. roqsta

roqsta Member

We hired a beetle in tassie for our honeymoon about 7 years ago. I have been back since but havent seen them. Check with Tassie tourist office - they may have heard of it!

6. carazeee

carazeee Member

There is/was a place in east devonport (just near where the spirit come in) that used to hire out beetles yeah, don't know if they still exist though... :p

7. bilckster

bilckster Member

Ah ok. Any idea what their name was? I'll run a quick google search.

8. carazeee

carazeee Member

Nope sorry... Don't know what the name of the place was, just do some google-ing and if not try ringing the tourist info centre in devonport, they should know!

9. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

10. bilckster

bilckster Member

Ah, cool. No kombi's though :(