1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

horn wiring through floor? Is this right?

Discussion in 'Bay Tech Clinic' started by slobus, Oct 15, 2018.

1. slobus

slobus Member

Hi, was wondering if anyone with a 74 or so can tell me if this wiring is correct? The photo is of the passenger floor with wiring going to the horn. Seems like an odd way to do it but I've found a few odd
    things on my kombi!
    Thanks.

IMG_1465.JPG

2. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

No. It isn't odd.:confused: There is another word for it but it's a family forum.:eek::eek::eek::eek:. My 76 single cab horn is on left hand side and the wire doesn't go through floor. So I presume o_O(that will bit me later):eek: that a 74 would go down a similar path. :) I'll look and take photos tomorrow of 76 and see where it comes and goes

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    David H likes this.
  3. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Nothing odd about any Kombi design or method of build. ;)

But there are a quite a few, that are proof positive, that some of the engineers and designers, must have been on hallucinogenic drugs, whilst employed by VW.....:eek:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    grumble likes this.
  4. slobus

slobus Member

LOL!! I still have a lot to learn!

5. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

Horn on 76 is on left hand side of car up under front. Top right you can see a clip that holds the wire from the horn towards the center of car,along the front of the chassis rails.
    IMG_20181016_172451.jpg
    On the left wires from the horn go towards the center of car and enters the splash pan.
    IMG_20181016_173059.jpg
    Once the wires have entered the splash pan they then go into the hole that you can see. To which then enters the inside of the car.I didn't check where they went from there but I can do that too if you required.
    IMG_20181016_173018.jpg

grumble likes this.
  6. grumble

grumble Active Member

From memory Wayne you are correct the wires ran along the front not through the floor on the left.

Wayne murray likes this.