How can I power the actuator for keyless entry on the sliding door?

Discussion in ''How To' & 'Handy Hints'' started by BackintheDak, May 15, 2018.

1. BackintheDak

BackintheDak Member

I am fitting after market keyless entry to my T3. Has anyone come up with a solution to power the actuator in a sliding door.
    I am hoping to find a contact switch that I can attach one side to the door and the other section to the body / door frame so the two wires are making contact when the door is closed. Has anyone found something out there that can be used?

Any ideas?????

2. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Only done keyless locking, (after fitting solenoids), to the front doors. :(

VW did do a system for the sliding door, with a neat contact pad when the door is closed, but I don’t believe they were stock on Aus sold buses.

Euro or UK websites may have options....

3. Dapom

Dapom Well-Known Member

Jaycar have sliding door contacts...2 or 3 pin from memory :)

4. BackintheDak

BackintheDak Member

I tried my local JayCar but had them stumped, after posting this I looked on ebay, only about 10 different types to choose from, have ordered a set going to have to be creative as I won't drill holes or cut stuff. I like the unmolested state of my T3 and want to keep it that way.

David H likes this.
  5. 76kampa

76kampa Member

6. AC-T3

AC-T3 Well-Known Member

Hey Russell, here are a couple of pics of a genuine VW sliding door central lock as fitted to an '82. Note how the wiring harness is tucked away nice and neat within the B pillar. Guess one needs a hole for that but hey didn't VW mess with the bus originally to fit it? Oh, and the '82 in the piccies is mine, complete with 36 year old corrosion and paint. Note to self: must clean the contacts. Would be nice if an original could be found. Tried theSamba? Oh, and my rear tailgate is fitted with an OEM too.

Sliding Door Central Lock(ii).jpg

Sliding Door Central Lock(i).jpg

grantw likes this.
  7. BackintheDak

BackintheDak Member

That's cool, didn't think they actually did anything like that. I will have to drill holes but now I know where to position it won't be such a nerve racking experience.
    Cheers