1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how good are Kombi's

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2slow, Aug 12, 2006.

1. 2slow

2slow Member

Only got her on the road just over a week ago and already been to Valla, dropped a cradle around to my sister the other night and took a load of rubbish to the dump today, could not have done that in my daily drivers.

Now maybe time for a new motor, disk brakes and flick the reduction hubs...

Bobby

2. ttmck

ttmck Super Moderator Staff Member

im with you 2slow picked up 4 bales of hay last weekend , could not do that in my daily driver , just had a clean up afterwards thou . but just swept it out the door .

3. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

I picked up a 3 piece corner lounge from Fantastic Furniture the other week :D I'm not going to pay them $35 to deliver it when all I had to do was remove the seats :wink:

4. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Amazing what you can fit into a Kombi - would have been lost without Igor when we moved house 12 months ago :lol:

5. egbert

egbert New Member

Does anyone turn there radio down to listen to the sweet sound of the engine when cruising...or is it just me???

6. Racer X

Racer X New Member

egburt my last kombie didnt even have a radio always a sweet sound and ive carried i think just about anything you can name and even if something brakes you can still drive the old beasts NEVER SAY DIE

7. Volksaddict

Volksaddict Member

I cant hear the radio in mine!!!

8. kombidaze

kombidaze Member

borrowed a subaru to do a 200km round trip because the ignition switch in our kombi was playing up the subaru stopped on the way home dead no fuel getting to motor hitched back to the town borrowed a mates car drove home drove back down the next morning arranged a tow truck $120 got picked up by partner drove back home, going back down on wednesday to pay the mechanic new fuel pump (located inside fuel tank) $400.00 never ever going anywhere again without my kombi ever ever ever

9. Schmoburger

Schmoburger Active Member

Took 3 wheely bins to the tip in my fully fitted out camper (do it each week cos we have no garbage service here :roll:), and a heavy trailer load of garbage, crap and scrap metal to the tip today with BC... and came back home with a set of shelves in the trailer often pick up hay and lucern mulch for the horse and chooks in BC too... and she doubles as the property paddock-bashing hack heheh... she's a workhorse and a half indeed! :cool:

Also came back from the wreckers once with a whole ND Pajero zorst and windscreen and various other car bits fitted in the back... and it all got home nice and safe! :), have towed a Kombi, NH Pajero, VH and VN Commodore, and Mini Moke with it at various stages too... not too much of an issue with any of em... Not bad considering how old and tired her heart is... :D

Hmmmm... I ythink I need to sweep out my kombi... havnt been swept for months... I got lazy and put a flattened box on the floor and havent cleaned it since hehehe :lol:

10. Split 1

Split 1 New Member

Heres a pic of Big Dave using one of his old bays to help me put up my shed.
    Best workmate you can get, so manoverable

[​IMG]