1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how many kilometers have you done in the kombi ?

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by beerboy, Jul 8, 2017.

1. beerboy

beerboy Well-Known Member

Well I knew it was going to be embarrassing, I do have the excuse that 2016 was probably the worse year of my life, but 1427 ks in 3 and half years. Finally got the T3 regoed. heres to getting some ks on it.
    one of those years was fully regoed.

Been a shed for far too long :(

2. 85 Caravelle

85 Caravelle Member

Bought it with 98000 on it, now at 253000.Glad to hear its going again.

3. beerboy

thanks that's a good run. I have been all over in it but then bought a sensible car that worked ;)

planning to get out in it now and go camping with my son. might have to get him ear defenders for the subs its pretty loud

4. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Where's Grant :rolleyes: how many has he done in Kanga :eek:

5. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Just coming up to 1 million k's (10,k short) all in 76 2 litre Sopru campers. It's taken a while!
    Cheers

Julian Taylor and StevieVW like this.
  6. David H

Originally from Burnie Steve, parents moved 52 years ago. Used to live up in Bay St. Go back to Tas every 5 years for family reunions. Got a lot of rello's there;). Cold place, big family!
    Cheers

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  7. beerboy

that is some mileage. wow

David H likes this.
  8. KahunaKombi

41 yrs @ 24,390 K per year = can't say @ 500k's per week average you drove it only on weekends ;):D:cool:

David H likes this.
  9. David H

Didn't start until 79 Bert & that was the blue 'short last' & then the orange one & then got Old Boy.
    Drove it & drove it & still driving it:D. Crashed one, wore out another (youth stuff again) &
    my job (Cardiff to Cessnock daily) & youth (snowy trips for weekend skiing for a decade) saw some years @ $50k/yr plus. Factor in also that my daughter had the old boy for 5 years & nearly 2 years in resto (for which I claim no mileage for either). He was my daily drive in a business where I got to go quote & thus did 25k business miles each year & then raised 2 girls with weekend camping etc. I know the miles cos I've paid for the maintenance;). So I've totally gotten my moneys worth. That's why I owed him a resto:cool:. May he do a million more:p at some one else's hand after I'm gone.:D
    Cheers

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    MAP77 and KahunaKombi like this.
  10. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

425,383 Kms, as of today, in the one Kombi. ;)

SC does added Km's in the past 7 years, to keep the Kanga Banga's mileage "low"...:D

11. David H

See your hand & raise you. 590k in old boy;). 400,k in the orange one, around the block in the telepole one:oops:.
    Cheers

Grantus likes this.
  12. Andy.

Andy. Active Member

150k km in the '77 deluxe micro, and 30k km in the Caravelle Syncro.
    Plus a few km in various other kombi's over the years.

David H likes this.
  13. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I didn't start until 1988, and didn't count the KMs driven in the Gold Caravelle or the SC......so I have to fold. ;)

David H likes this.
  14. David H

:D

15. KahunaKombi

Ah those were the days in the 70's and 80's ...... about 15 yrs for me, spontaneous let's go skiing as no football this weekend or planned weekends or weeks down there sleeping @ Sawpit Creek in the back of a HK Station Wagon or brothers kombi :eek::cool:

David H likes this.
  16. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

My answer is simple......not enough

MAP77, Wattie, David H and 3 others like this.
  17. nils

nils Well-Known Member

Where's that brother of mine? The yellow boomerang bus is on its 4th engine and 3rd gearbox

The old man says its gone around the clock at least 10 times.

No idea what the real number would be, but I definatly recall alot of trips up and down the coast while I was growing up and once it became the work car 1000km a week was not uncommon

KahunaKombi and David H like this.
  18. David H

Can't claim by default Nils. But
    I'm just 3 engines & 2 gear boxes in old boy so I cede to the mileage. Just wondering if it's How many miles "in the Kombi" or "in a Kombi";)? Not so sure about the difference! Is that a driving position?
    Cheers

19. 77/kombi/surfer

77/kombi/surfer Well-Known Member

My mate Pat who owns Gusbus a 67 splitscreen panel for over 28 years has done over 1/2 million klms and still going.
    Trips to tassie, ayres rock and coming home on heavy duty 4wd tracks just to name a few trips.
    Wouldnt be many other split owners who has driven there car to places he has been to.

20. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

I managed about 350,000 kms on the '82 camper, 50,000 kms on the '89 Syncro Caravelle and 20,000 kms on the '63 SC. At present the '82 and '63 are with my son and I am not sure how many additional kms he has put on them. The '89 is scheduled for an engine rebuild and can't really be taken long distances until that happens. So, at present we are on the road in Qld in the Trakka Jabiru (MB Sprinter van).

Ian