1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how many kilometers have you done in the kombi ?

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by beerboy, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Loy

Loy New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome, Grantus. I do not own a Kombi, I just have an interest. I don't think I'll ever own one but I'll definitely drive one . I've owned VW before.

2. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

My three kombis have travelled many kilometres whilst I had them. They are now driven by my son who is putting many more kilometres on the them.

My 1963 single cab split had the least travel on it. It was fully restored and took second place at the Nationals in 2005. It's travel was as per the map below and was about 3,000km.

Split Camping.jpg

My 1982 camper did a bit more. All told it travelled about 200,000km as per the map below.

T3 Camping.jpg

And lastly I did about another 60,000 km in the 1989 Synchro Caravelle as per the map below.

Syncro Camping.jpg

All in all it was a great experience and I can borrow any go the kombis any time I like.

Syncro27, oldbus, Barry and 2 others like this.
  3. wombatventures

wombatventures Well-Known Member

I sold an 84 Hilux with 745000km on the clock and the odometer had stopped at least 200000 before that. My kombi has done less than 50m since 2011.;)