1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Noisy is Your Bus?

Discussion in 'Bay Tech Clinic' started by QldBlue, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member

never really notice the noise.....until i drive the girl friends car. 2012 Yarris...then i notice all kinds of things like air conditioning...being able to see what is behind you...all the other features that i dont have ...which she likes to reminds me about....but then i tell her my bus is worth more ...:)

2. Abby.75

Abby.75 Member

Now that we got rid of the extractors, and put a standard muffler back on.... she's really quiet. Looking forward to installing the radio.

Abby is quiter than 1500king's Bus at the moment.....

Abby.75

3. Abby.75

Abby.75 Member

Now that we got rid of the extractors, and put a standard muffler back on.... she's really quiet. Looking forward to installing the radio.

Abby is quiter than 1500king's Bus at the moment.....

Abby.75

4. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member

Betsy is pretty much stock...recently removed the old kitchen which had lots of anyoying squeeks and rattles
    replaced the wood venner off the walls with rubber backed carpet...which has made it feel cosy and absorbed a bit of noise
    i am pretty happy with the noise level..easy to chat....although totally unfair to compare it to the Yaris...but one thing that annoys me about the Yaris....when you roll the windows down...it sounds like a helicopter is about to land on you....no such issue with Betsy

5. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

You're really comparing a Kombi to a Yaris.....? :wtf: :p Cheers, Mark

6. DaisyGirl

DaisyGirl Guest

Why would you compare a kombi with any mod car? that is like comparing a CD to vinyl - no character!!

7. john doherty

john doherty Well-Known Member

Always comparisons of Kombis and " other cars for mere mortals " Has there been any credentialled research on the essential differences between kombi drivers and " mere mortals " I have always known that we are a superior sub species of " homo sapiens " first identified in ancient texts as "Kombittuss Maximuss" but is there any medical research on the topic. "Hearing " for example. This forum waxes lyrical on the sound of various Kombis , when I have heard others liken it to be pursued by 100 lawnmowers. Any thoughts? John Doherty in Adelaide:cool:

8. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

IF I had as much power as 100 Lawnmowers would produce I would be very happy :)

Im amazed that one would admit to traveling in a Yarris :eek: let alone compare the noise level.......

When I met my lovely lady she had a Holden ute - that just was not acceptable for me to travel in - VW vs Holden realy is a redundant statement - needless to say she traded the holden in on an Amarok...

Now if this girl of yours is worth letting her to continue hanging around something more appropriate for a person of your stature I think is in order. If she is realy into small cars there is the Golf or Polo even the Up.

Then a more meaningful comparison can be made. :lol:

YEs my Kombi is a lot noisier than the amarok ;)

9. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member

lol...i will show her these posts...she has been hinting on a karman gihia
    my previous car was a. 71 beetle convertible...that was noisy ..... 1000 lawnmowers....

10. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

good work ;)

I even managed to convince work that driving a Falcon POS was not up to my standards - and I now have a nice VW Caddy to cruise around the country side in ;)

11. jennifer lane

jennifer lane Member

First thing Reno, that built my kombi said 2 me,when we took it 4 a test drive was wind your window up,No outside noise at all,put my foot down an i love listening 2 them 4 exhaust pipes down the back,

12. DancingDoonars

DancingDoonars Active Member

You know NASA spent millions developing a space pen that could be used in zero gravity ...... The Russians used a pencil...!!! Maybe we should be using cotton wool... Haha.

13. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member

Hey Jennifer...isnt your motor a little furthur away from the driver then most kombies...and is it a water cooled holden product..?
    its a real head turner ...hope to see you again ..on the road somewhere. am planning a trip to Perth and beyond in 2014.. till then be cruising around victoria
    cheers Jerome

14. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

2 words - Expanda Foam!
    Nuff Said.

15. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

^^^^^ By the way - Don't do this. I am being stupid.