1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huntsman spider in kombi!!

Discussion in 'Kombi Stories' started by billyjack, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Marty

Marty Active Member

We had a huntsman living it our toilet in our old place. Once it was under the seat while a guest was on the throne. In the middle of their business they had the huntsman crawl onto their behind. Never seen anyone run so fast!

2. GoblinSA

GoblinSA New Member

Soursob Bob has written a very funny song about a female friend of his that was bitten on her tender bits by a redback spider as she was putting on her bathers - the spider had crawled in. And when I say tender bits, I really do mean her tender bits.....

3. the invisible smith

the invisible smith New Member

4. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

I'm with you OV!

Give me a spider to deal with over a snake anyday. We have too many aggro Eastern Browns down our way.... at least the Red Bellied Blacks aren't as aggro.

5. Zombi

Zombi Active Member

kombis with their air intakes do seem to a favourite with spidery things!

At least when they make a web over the intakes it acts a a bug filter for your engine.

jono

6. GoblinSA

GoblinSA New Member

Thought I'd share this little photo - had a look at a 68 a few days ago, took a few pics of the underneath. Have been looking at this photograph of the floorpan for a few days now and had spotted an odd shaped fracture - have just realised its a redback spider!

Hate them!!!

Attached Files:

7. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

As far as I'm concerned, great nature lover that I am, a good spider/snake, is a DEAD spider/snake. :D

8. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Hope You Like Lizards K ?...theyre Not As Bad As Spiders And Snakes

9. natishavingfun

natishavingfun New Member

I am just waiting for the day...
    I can see the web on the dashboard and sometimes it feel like I am entering a spiders cave when I get in.
    My frined had the same see the huntsman in the rear view while borrowing my kombi, he jumperd out and decied to walk instead and we have not seen it since....
    I am sure my day will come. Eeekkk

10. Bay_Buddha

Bay_Buddha Member

Come on guys... Learn to share. I rekon that they (spiders) would be the talk of all their mates living inside a kombi!

I have been known to name some long term residents over time, it sucks when passengers knock them off though.

Don't get me wrong I don't tolerate cobwebs but if they want to pop out of a vent and say hi every now and then i'm cool with that!

Phill

11. GoblinSA

GoblinSA New Member

How bout a nice redback dangling above your head Buddha? :)

Me and spiders, we live and let live, provided they are not headed towards me.

12. Bay_Buddha

Bay_Buddha Member

I have to agree... Never had any red backs, white tails or funnel webs in the bus!

13. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Why does that redback look like a white tail?

Overspray from a previous owner perhaps? :lol:

14. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Ummm. Why? Are you planning on buying me one? :eek:

15. GoblinSA

GoblinSA New Member

Red eye from the flash.. cept in a redbacks case, it flashes white.. :)

16. Kombi Dad

Kombi Dad Well-Known Member

Maybe I have worked out how the huntsman get in to my Kombi. I'll have to stop getting firewood.

[​IMG]

17. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Look what I found behind Alice's number plate today....

[​IMG]

Yep! - it's a redback (sorry about the blurry pic)....

[​IMG]

We seem to have a bit of an infestation of them at the moment.... we have a had a nest in our pantry for about 9 months now - they leave "trigger" webs connecting each of our foods with the shelf above. We usually only see them at night though...

18. GoblinSA

GoblinSA New Member

Redbacks in the pantry??? Ewwww!!! Ok, live and let live and all that, vegetarian, animal loving girl who rescues ants out of the bath tub but redbacks in the pantry????

19. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

We were always planning to get rid of them, but it would have involved taking everything out of the pantry first... so we put it off. We're now used to them - as long as we reach in gently, they seem happy lurking/hiding around the central rotisserrie. We have also a large number of daddy longlegs, we're hoping they will eventually wipe the redbacks out.

I like spiders, they are usually beneficial, so avoid killing them. (Alice is an arachnophobe though, so gets me to carry them outside....)