1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Love a Sunburnt Samba

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by Longrasser, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Quombi

Quombi Well-Known Member

oldman likes this.
  2. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Back in time for some skiing this morning ? :)

Ninga likes this.
  3. Quombi

Quombi Well-Known Member

Yes, good dusting this morning Col. Glad we were home before this hit. My Nanna blanket wouldn't have cut it in the bus!

Wayne murray, Ninga and cbus like this.
  4. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

You would of been knitting like crazy to make it longer.

Quombi likes this.
  5. Quombi

Quombi Well-Known Member

6. Quombi

Quombi Well-Known Member

With Bus Stop Mallacoota looming we had a few jobs to do. The main one was to fit a seatbelt in the back for Tess who has definitely outgrown the car seat. With only a lap belt we thought it time to make it a little more secure.

Dno took to contortion training but no matter which way he tried he just could fit his arm to the right angle. I tried and while I fitted my arm just wasn’t long enough. Out came the oil bath filter and we swapped positions again and after a bit of wiggling the engine bay ate Dno! Haha he said it’s a good spot if you need to cross the border but the bruises might stick around for a few weeks after!

BA88A200-7A92-45C5-BADD-237DEC612F9D.jpeg 54AEF430-5310-4967-971B-209920125751.jpeg
    Bolt and nut in and tightened, back seat cleaned and back in place and Dno pulled out and straightened back into uptight position. Job done.

Next was a bit of electricery work. We had scored a set of old school headlights from a mate last year so it was time for them to go on. Easy right.... well sort off. The new plasma cutter made short work of light mounts however after wiring it all up there was a short due to overloading the wires. We had run a heavy wire from the motor along the bellypans for the oil sender so it now also runs the headlights of a secondary relay and a new switch block. Sounds easy but there was some fun involved sorting out the wires and colours.
    Looked like this...
    5A5BC2E6-48D9-4E19-B8C0-01B9C03702EF.jpeg

Felt like this!
    63258D1B-E5CB-4592-B2CF-0828A9BEE3D3.jpeg

Another few holes in the bus for another switch block.
    74F3FBF6-C2AD-4AF9-B56E-5E53045F1F23.jpeg

AB3F09DA-E86A-4645-B6DB-841277F5F39B.jpeg
    (No the rope wasn’t there as a last ditched effort! It was unwound and rewound off/on the bummer to hide the wires... and look cool!)

5EB3F3C7-2BDD-40EC-9160-D679FBF68644.jpeg

While Dno was read up on the wiring diagrams he installed a high brake light in the back window. Other odd jobs included a grease and frontend check, steering box adjustment, brake line and bearing check and general tinware tighten. A new battery and a redo of the anchor wax and we were done. Not to forget the important fixing of the water cooled...... the water bag. Although I’m not sure on the success of that one!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    Syncro27, Jethro, Ninga and 2 others like this.
  7. Quombi

Quombi Well-Known Member