InSkip Point -Rainbow Beach

Discussion in 'QLD' started by aussie combi, Jul 13, 2008.

1. aussie combi

aussie combi New Member

Found a magical camping spot at Inskip Point overlooking Frazer National Park.Brilliant ! people from Qld are probably fully aware off it ...(we're from Victoria) ...minimal amenities ( no showers)..but the sound of surf at night and quiet shady surrounds all too much ! Apologies re photo quality ( taken with phone camera)

Attached Files:

2. swill

swill New Member

great hey

in about 1996 we were up at our favorite place rainbow beach and we to everyones shock used to let the tyres down on our 79 micro bus surf boards the kids and fishing gear and drive on the beach from rainbow to inskip great memories true qld style

3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Glad you found it
    Great spot that we usually spend some time at each year sailing and just taking it easy. Some of us on coast checking out Noosa north shore this w/e for future trip for anyone interested plus a campover at Inskip later in the year before it gets busy at holiday times.

cheers
    col

4. Dudo

Dudo New Member

Sounds good Col any place is a good place to have a kombi kamp

5. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Meeting this morning for a recon to North Shore

This morning a few of us are heading up to North Shore for a recon for a Camping Weekend. Will take the camera and snap a few pics for others to see.

Another time we will do Inskip Point and maybe Peregian again.

Onward and upward we go.......

Cheers
    Brett

6. Cameron McGrath

Cameron McGrath Member

It is truly a beautiful spot although never enjoyed it from land always passing through and still shaking from crossing the bar. We did anchor for 6 hours waiting for the tide recently and swore I'd come up one day in the car.
    Cam...

7. jerrys_bus

jerrys_bus Active Member

We loved this spot too, great place just to chill out for a while

8. aussie combi

aussie combi New Member

Great to see that you guys enjoyed Inskip too. The Noosa north shore camp sounds great ...pity we're stuck here in cold grey Victoria...if you know of similar places like Inskip up the QLD coast we would love to know....hope all goes well at Noosa camp.

9. will_griffiths

will_griffiths New Member

this may sound dumb but can you take a kombi on sand?? i just thought maybe it would get very easily bogged with only being rwd and having a bit of weight in the back if you were camping.
    Oh and i think rainbow beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in south east QLD. its a shame to see some (not all) tourists disrespecting it and climbing up and down its dunes etc thus causing corrosion and ruining the sight for everyone else.

10. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

An excellent spot for camping by the seaside...lots of great memories here.

11. Roachie

Roachie New Member

Hi, as an ex Fraser Island tour Quide I can say the whole region is great, I can advise to some decree as I drove 40 seat busses to and from for years leaving from Noosa. Wide bay is one of the best. A VW of any sort is good, not great, on beach as long as tyres are down to 18 and tide is down and not on way up. Don’t ever spin wheels trying to move, you only dig deeper and make harder. Wide bay can be approached from Noosa end or Rainbow, but being just a spit from Rainbow, this is easier option the only problem is the well know and respected Mudlow Rocks. DO NOT TAKE THESE FOR GRANTED, these can change from tide to tide and can gobble your car, just check pics in tourist info shop or pub. More questions are welcome. 0416158212 or www.locationcommunication.com

12. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Another good thing about camping here is if it is not in school holidays you can take your dog. There are few places around that accept 50kg dogs....

13. gabba69

gabba69 Member

Noosa North Shore is a great camp ground I reckon. Nice and unspoilt and doesn't seem to get too crowded. I'd be keen to hear about any kombi camp trips heading up there.

I used to camp up at Inskip a lot in years gone by because it is beautiful but just got sick of all the 4wd roaring along the beach. At times it can be like crossing a highway to get to the water.

14. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting us know about Inskip Point, it looks and sounds great :) - I will add this (and many others) in coming days to the map of recommended campsites. (link in sig below)

15. bradster

bradster New Member

Paragliding at Rainbow Beach!

Thought I'd let everyone know that Rainbow is also a hotspot for Paragliding, for the unninitiated the Paraglider looks similar to a Parachute but has the ability to stay aloft and fly 100's of k's !in the right conditions with a sea breeze you can fly a good few km's of the beach !Are there any other Pilots in the Kombi scene that would like to arrange a trip to Rainbow! for those of you out there that dont fly but interested then there is a flying school based near to rainbow!
    Heres link to flying school / club; www.paraglidingrainbow.com
    Heres a few pics to whet your appetite!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. mitch n bruce

mitch n bruce New Member

how did it go?