Insuring With Shannons

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by melissa, May 9, 2010.

1. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Is it CIL's fault or the repairer?

Many years ago I lost it with an NRMA employee. I lunged across the counter trying grab the arrogant pr**k. He would have been in a lot of pain and I would have been in a lot of trouble.

2. shaven

shaven Active Member

Hi Lorraine... how did it compare with Shannons?

3. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

CIL and their ‘chosen repairer’ who stuffed us around for months. They wanted to put ‘Jayco’ windows in as they couldn’t find a supplier of the parts. I had 3 suppliers lined up in 24hrs. After waiting another couple of months CIL advised they were not happy with the quote so changed repairers. I got abused and told I would have to pay the first repairer for their time spent as I had changed repairer. They backed down quick when I told them that was CIL not me!
    The 2nd repairer, a friend of our case manager, took weeks to order parts then paid the wrong amount and did not follow up. We did as I knew where they were coming from, sorted that out then the parts sat on the docks for weeks waiting to be collected. It took less than 24 hours to actually repair the van.
    I am however still waiting for a part they forgot to order.

4. syncro

syncro Well-Known Member

Trying to pay a CTP early with Shannons is a drama. But ended up spending about dirty tree minutes on the phone with a helpful Irish girl talking about an upcoming holiday in Ireland.o_O

shaven, David H and melissa like this.
  5. shaven

shaven Active Member

Reading the last few pages... All ours + other things are insured with Shannons. I have asked them & other questions over the phone many times. When they refer me to the PDS, I politely tell them I am the paying customer so you tell me directly!!! When I get the answer I WANT, I then ask them to put that in an email to me. If they say they can not I then ask for their supervisor... basically either way I get the email with the wording I want... just in CASE!!!

David H and oldman like this.