1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interior Design

Discussion in 'Interior' started by Rev., Dec 27, 2007.

1. Shifter

Shifter New Member

Rev,

Did you buy the table as a unit or was it made up? What matterial did you use for the work - looks realy good.

2. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

That looks fantastic Rev, what a difference, I like the drawer near the seat, great idea..............Lorraine

3. Rev.

Rev. Active Member

We made the table out of MDF and laminated it - I wanted a sky blue color and my father-in-law wanted an off-white with a blue/grey fleck - it ended up off-white with a blue fleck :confused: . We attached the table using a piano hinge.

The bench top was also Laminated MDF and we reused the original sink. The rest was white melamine brought from Bunnings.

I photo the whole process - 76 in all - if your keen you can see them at http://picasaweb.google.com.au/i.j.altman/KombiInterior

Hope that helps - if you want the table measurements let me know.

4. GypsyWannabe

GypsyWannabe Active Member

Shirl's looking good, Rev. :)

Baz

5. Rev.

Rev. Active Member

Thanks Baz

Just got to do something with the front - seats & doors. Know anyone who can supply & fit some front seats?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  6. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Looks quite the "comfy bus"!

Well done!

7. Shifter

Shifter New Member

Fantastic job, would love the table dimensions please - did you buy the support? Good idea having the table act as a door for under sink storage.

What material did you use for the front side of rear seats and the rock/roll hinges? mine is put toether with chipboard and falling apart, needs renewal.

If you find any info on front seats let me know, I need two new ones - more comfort!

8. Rev.

Rev. Active Member

Hi Shifter

The table dimensions are 500mm X 675mm and made of laminated mdf or craft wood - the compressed stuff, not chip board, we laminated the table ourselves. We also used a piano hinge to attach the table to the cupboard.

The table support I already had as it came with the kombi. Roy at the Busstop might be able to help you with a new one. I took a picture of it for you.

The cupboards and the front side of the rock & roll bed are made of kitchen grade melamine. We used the old one as a template.

Here some better pictures of the table.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And one of the support

[​IMG]

Hope that helps.

Rev.

9. Shifter

Shifter New Member

Rev,

Thanks very much, very ,very helpful. Cheers.

10. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Bloody hell rev, thats the first time i seen this and it looks great. Well done guys

brian

11. Rev.

Rev. Active Member

Thanks Brian

Now if I could get the seats belts in I could get the kombi registered and go away next week and try it all out.

Rev.

12. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Good luck mate, hope someone can come to the rescue for you.

brian :) :)

13. heartland

heartland New Member

Hi Rev, don't know how I missed this posting - it looks brilliant - I'm not surprised Mrs Rev is happy. The white looks so spick and span. We would like to re-do Big Ted at some stage and were thinking of white too - seeing it though convinces me white would be the way to go.

Good job to the father-in-law.

14. Rev.

Rev. Active Member

Thanks Jane

We just filled up the cupboards for a trip to Dubbo Zoo. Spoke to the father-in-law today and he tells me that he has made a Foot-locker for shirl - not sure how he did it without the kombi - but he has :confused:

Rev.

15. linzimac

linzimac New Member

Thanks for the 3D.I will print it out.I managed to get the interior of a wrecked Kombi.It's the wrong year but it's close enough and I can use this as a template.Do I get the wiring done before the fitout or after the cupboards go in?Cheers

16. Rev.

Rev. Active Member

I would do it before. Glad the plans are helpful - if you would like the sketchup file PM me your email and I'll send it to you.

Rev.

17. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

She looks fantastic..very comfy...
    cheers
    Kaye

18. oldroyd

oldroyd New Member

Hi Rev,

The interior looks fab, is there any chance you could send me a copy of the plans, our interior is bare and has been since we bought it so we dont have any old cupboards to use a templates, I'm sure your plans would fit our 76 pop top, If you want to email them to me its Clareleeoldroyd@yahoo.co.uk cheers,

Clare & Lee.

19. Rev.

Rev. Active Member

Dear Clare & Lee

I would love to send you the plans - I just have to find them. I'll get them to you over the weekend.

Rev.

20. oldroyd

oldroyd New Member

76 pop top

That would be great, thanks for that, about time we got going with this baby!!:)