1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internal board racks

Discussion in ''How To' & 'Handy Hints'' started by Kombirod, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Kombirod

Kombirod New Member

Can anyone pls show pics of their board racks inside the van?

I need to be able to suspend my mals up and out of the way.

Cheers

2. Ticker

Ticker New Member

I need to be able to suspend my mals up and out of the way.

Excellent idea!! The more of those things that are out of the way the better:p

Jokes, just jokes. I have a 7'2 minimal for when I get .... ;) umm need extra flotation for paddling.

OK no more taking the p#*s. In my camper at the front of the poptop I have a stainless steel towel rail. I would put the nose of the board between the slats for the poptop bed and use an occy strap to secure the tail to the towel rail. Works well. That's if you got a camper.

Dave

3. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Ask and you shall receive.

Have these internal surfboard racks in our 73 Bay Otis. Comfortably holds a 9'5" Mal and an 8' 7S Quad fin in travel covers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers
    Brett

4. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Another member Ray has internal board racks and sure he'd be happy to give you some info amd post some pics

5. lawso21

lawso21 Member

Mate of mine once had a Hiace van with a set of old roof racks turned upside down and just screwed through the mounting brackets similar to the Brewmasters racks

6. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Im resting my longboard across the top of my back seats at the moment,its ok as long as Indigo isn't in the baby seat.The board is 9'2" and just fits nicely.
    I like the idea of internal racks but reckon i'm gonna whack it up on top with some old school roof racks instead.

7. Kombirod

Kombirod New Member

Cheers Brett.

Steve, I do the same, but with my work gear in it is in the way

8. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Internal racks now have some foam/rubber tubing over them to protect the boards when I use Otis , but otherwise they go in the back of Wilfred the 74 SC Ute.

Racks are powdercoated and removable in seconds. Foam/Rubber is hot water tubing from Clarke's Rubber.

Some members have moved the rear rack back towards the rear and even fit SUPB's in there ........ eg Jono aka Duddo

At least with these internal racks you can take them out easily when you need to.

I have even slept in the daybed with both boards on the racks at Klubfest.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Brett

9. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Ahh yes forgot about that,internal racks are a great use of all that space up there.