1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JANUARY long weekend - CAMP KEEN

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by ruby6689, Nov 22, 2008.

1. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Ha ha ......... could just imagine Patty fitting into F Troop .......... :lol:

........ but I have one question ........ how can you play the bugle and drink beer at the same time?

2. MISS VDUB

MISS VDUB New Member

If you've got a horn... Cakes will blow it!

3. Archeress

Archeress Guest

its funny how i have no comment...:(

4. The Brewmaster

Did Patty go to Band Camp when he was younger?

I can just imagine Pat reminising of the days when he went off to Band Camp.........

:lol:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  5. phatratpat

phatratpat New Member

I would expect dinner and drinks first !....maybe a movie

and brewy if you heard me you would know I didn't attend band camp!!

6. The Brewmaster

Band Camp ......

Come on Patty.......

Can you tell us a story from when you were on Band Camp .......:lol:

7. glow-monkey

glow-monkey Active Member

Scene from Pats Band Camp.

"There was this one time when i was on Band camp, i got to clean all the windows"

8. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Pat I would of thought you were worth more than a cheap meal & a few drinks :lol:
    Judy

9. phatratpat

phatratpat New Member

no I go cheap !!!

10. The Brewmaster

At the very least, a bottle of windex ........ :lol:

11. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

ok but don't let them get you drunk & take avantage of you....better yet..no...maybe you just might enjoy that :lol:
    Judy

12. The Brewmaster

Too much BAND CAMP for Patty with his horn when he was a youngster. He is probably very lucky he is not blind now........:D

13. kombibob

kombibob New Member

have you seen how thick his glasses are?

14. The Brewmaster

And when little Pat went to Band Camp with his horn he practiced and practiced until he got very good .........:lol: ........ but all that sight reading strained his eyes ......

15. phatratpat

phatratpat New Member

thats right !!pick on the fat kid with glasses !!!

16. The Brewmaster

....... and who used to go to Band Camp ......... with his windex and cleaning cloth......:D

17. Zozo

Zozo Member

thanks Lorraine, got the Nimbin paper in the mail, will add nicely to the scrapbook of our travels

thanks again, we had a awesome time
    - Zoe and Adam

18. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

Dear Friends,

Forgive me for this bump. I had nothing to do with this event, until now. In yet another display of KC spirit and allround good-guy effort, Lorraine conspired to handover some money to me while in Bonny Hills.

The money was collected in a whip-round for the lunches provided by Lorraine and Andy at the January Camp Keen. At around that time, in private messages, Lorraine and I had been discussing a dog that I took to a local animal hospital. She mentioned then - and I forgot - that she would donate that money. Lorraine, evidently, has a memory as big as her heart.

Anyway for a reminder of the specific dog I mentioned back then, see http://forums.kombiclub.com/showpost.php?p=191795&postcount=77

And here is he more recently. On Monday morning, after 6 weeks, he has grown about an inch and is ripped, quiet, and a little bit arrogant. He is due for boosters so I'll sort that out at the private vet shortly.

[​IMG]

At the time of the infection crisis, I covered the costs (by donation - they don't charge fees at this place). I was so impressed by this crowd, we toyed with the idea of having a raffle but then the fires happened and we decided against it. I thank the moderators for endorsing the idea at that time - but it was decided best to let Aussie donations head to fire areas. That didn't stop Lorraine.

So just before I caught the plane on Sunday night, I counted Lorraine's baggy. It contained $80.25.

[​IMG]

...and a spend .22 shell. I had no idea the Bandidos made it to camp Keen, but there you go. A message perhaps?

I also added the change I accumulated in my month there - change is no good when I convert back at the airport. There was another $13 there. This gave around $95. Converted into rupees, that gives Rs 3391. 5000 is a rounder number so as soon as I get a moment I will wander up there and hand over Rs. 5000 on behalf of the KC. I would have waited until doing so to post but it will be a few more days, and this is my last day of down-time before work really kicks in!

So - thankyou Camp Keeners - your whipround is going to a good home. And especially thanks to Lorraine for your memory and this great gesture!

Wes.
    Delhi.

19. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

Great to hear the end result of all this....:)
    keep me posted on him ("dog"...no name?)
    Thanks to Lorraine for the original thought to do this...& Wes for going ahead with it...
    Judy

20. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

Leuko is his name (rhymes with duco). :)