1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jogr blazecut fire suppression system in australia?

Discussion in 'Splitty Tech Clinic' started by KOMBI NIKO, Aug 5, 2014.

1. KOMBI NIKO

KOMBI NIKO Member

Is this available in Oz?

2. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

No.
    The import laws around the propellent prohibits it.
    There are very little options for what can be used.

3. KOMBI NIKO

KOMBI NIKO Member

dam it , so what can be used??

4. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

5. tomhic

tomhic Active Member

6. Aspro

Aspro Well-Known Member

Surely the kit can been modified to fit an Australian fire extinguisher. I'm suprised no one has sorted this out yet.

7. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

I spoke via email with the manufacturer. They are eastern Europe based and extremely helpful. The non corrosive agent used in the system has not been approved and Australia. It is safe and approved most other country's but the market to sell over here foes not justify the cost to carry out the tests.
    There are a few other overseas products but none are in the testing stage.

The exide (I think that is the name) red ball is another option. It is a powder filled ball that has blasting cord in the skin. When fire lights the blasting cord it exploded and fills the engine bay. You can get then in eBay aust for about $180 each.
    I also spoke with a distributer about it from that Alibiba wed site and could get a lot of 10 for $80 each but that is as far as I went.

8. KOMBI NIKO

KOMBI NIKO Member

9. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

surely a dual sensor for high temp and flame could be wired to give warning [and auto activation within 5 sec if ignored] connected to a CO2 bottle with solenoid and jets without too much problem.

all harmless and cant see any transport issues for small pressurised vessel of CO2

10. saabman

saabman Well-Known Member

The co2 is also a lot less messy than a powder system ;)

11. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

definately.:)

12. Iwantakombi

Iwantakombi Member

We are upgrading/disposing of some c02 extinguishers soon (they are up for 5 year testing and replacement is cheaper). Larger ones though, 3 or 4kg I think. Also have access to new cheap 1kg powder ones if anyone wants to experiment. Fire guys usually sell the c02 ones at $20 or so each when decommissioned.

Just have a c02 set up with a push button in the car. See smoke push button.

13. KOMBI NIKO

KOMBI NIKO Member

Set up with button? do show :)

14. saabman

a 12V solenoid attched to the handle and a button on the dash should do the trick - Though by the time the driver is aware of the smoke - its probably too late....

how about a central locking actuator attached to the fire extinguisher connected to a smoke detector in the engine bay :D

15. Aspro

Aspro Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Button? I know my kids would press it for sure. Plus it's often too late once you've noticed the smoke coming out of your engine bay. You really need an automatic system in my opinion.

[​IMG]

Squidy likes this.
  16. saabman

View at 1:45 ;)

17. mackaymanx

mackaymanx Active Member

I have posted this before but it was lost in the forum change and I have lost some of the links.

Firstly the Blazecut suppressant is FE-36 which is legal is Australia. You have to have a license to import it but it is legal.

See here http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/Vehicle-Parts-Accessories-/131090/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=fe36 sold on Ebay in Australia.

FE-36 (fire suppressant) aka HFC-236fa(Refrigerant) is a greenhouse gas with a rating of 6300

18. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

We are getting closer.
    There is now an Australia distributor.
    They just don't have any stock. Or advertise. Or have phone numbers. So not a great start but I am emailing the guy and he said they should get stock late February.

19. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Lets hope the importer is able to get stock and is price competitive, it seems to me to be a product that is virtually a "must have" fitment to all rear engine kombi's including wasserboxer because once you see the smoke its usually too late. :oops:

20. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

The price he has quoted me is $224 + $45 Freight.