1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jogr blazecut fire suppression system in australia?

Discussion in 'Splitty Tech Clinic' started by KOMBI NIKO, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Thanks Brad, I can live with that.

2. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

All right fire fearing folks. After 2 years of research and contacting people here and there I finally got my hands on 3 units of the Blazecut (2 of which were snaffled almost instantly).

I installed on the weekend and very happy as it covers the engine / fuel tank and run long enough to be situated fairly close to above the battery.
    [​IMG]

And within 2 weeks of me finally getting my hands on them they are now available in Australia.
    This is the email i received off the guy who is going to be selling here. More expensive then I paid but then again you don't have to risk Customs confiscating them.

Hi Brad
    Just confirming we have Standard tube priced below or we have one with pressure switch and alarm. How many and what size would you like so Noi can do up an invoice for you. Thank you
    The pricing is as follows
    TUBE with Gauge ONLY
    2 metre $224
    3 metre $285
    4 metre $295

TUBE with Gauge, pressure switch and alarm.
    2 metre $554
    3 metre $597
    4 metre $645
    Shipping $45 per unit(if sent in one carton this will reduce in price slightly)
    Best Regards
    Darren

His email is Flamesout <darren@flamesout.com> if you want to contact him.

Happy_Camper likes this.
  3. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Great job Brad, I think we all should give you a pat on the back for your work in getting this product to Oz. :)

4. fancy-bug

fancy-bug Member

Is anyone up for a group buy, we may be able to wrangle a discount too if we are lucky.

I'm in brisbane btw would a couple of delivery/ pickup locations work??

5. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Just to give you an idea. I posted two to Newcastle and Canberra
    Postage was $20 each.

6. KOMBI NIKO

KOMBI NIKO Member

Get on to him quick cause hes not going to sell the public soon, and they are going to be $275 retail too.

7. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Really?
    this guy just gets better and better.

8. KOMBI NIKO

KOMBI NIKO Member

yep that was last weeks email from him.

9. damo99

damo99 New Member

the importer has stock and upped his price to $265 for 1
    his email is
    Flamesout [darren@flamesout.com]
    get them now or they will be over $300 and only available from some shops not direct

10. KOMBI NIKO

KOMBI NIKO Member

got mine happy but a wait..

11. Pgffire

Pgffire New Member

Hi Guys, I am the new importer and national distributor of the Blazecut fire suppression systems in Australia and New Zealand. I have been reading your posts with interest and would just like to clarify a few points.

First off, Darren is the international distributor of the Blazecut system and all enquiries can be directed at me. I would gladly answer all questions and could be reached on: gerrie@pgffire.com.au.

The initial few systems that was imported was brought in without knowing what the full extent of costs would be and what the legislation pertaining to the systems, and more specifically the HFC gas would be. Darren actually just about broke even on those first systems. As was stated by Mackaymanx the HFC gas is legal in Australia and yes, we did have to get a licence and there is an additional cost of importing for every kg of product that comes into the country. (We are the only country that has to pay that extra import cost). Sad to say but that makes our product in Australia the most expensive of all the countries worldwide. It also means that the price Darren charged would never be seen again but I am trying to keep it as low as possible.

At the start of everything the price did change a few times but they are now set and will not change for the foreseeable future. The 2m system is the one most preferable for the VW Kombi and the retail price for that would now be $312.00 excl. shipping.

The certification we already have is mutually recognized by NATA, so there is no problem with selling in Australia but I am in the process of also getting Australian certification and have been busy with that process for the past few months, but it is slow going. Last I heard we are in the home stretch but then again the initial time frame I was given was 8-10 weeks and that was about 20 weeks ago.

I have been busy setting up regional distributors and have most of the states covered. Please see our website at: www.pgffire.com.au to see who and where they are. I will supply anyone outside of the areas that already have distributors, from Perth.

Please feel free to contact me anytime and ask any questions.

Kurt Thacker likes this.
  12. Melb.VDubber

Melb.VDubber Member

Hi fellow KCers,

I'm pretty keen on getting one of these (having had a very close shave earlier in the year) I emailed the Victorian distributor and he has replied with the following:

"Thank you for your email, the 2mt units are $319+Freight.

If you can get some of your friend together and be able to increase the order say to 5 and up I can give you a better price, if you get 5 units and more I can get them down to $287.00each+freight."

So just putting the word out to see if anyone else in interested in a group buy?

Cheap insurance if you ask me!

I had my fuel regulator let its internals go on a road trip and it was lucky that I was idling at the time I smelt fuel.
    So if anybody is keen please let me know.

13. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

If you are on DSk PM Dutchy about them. He did have them fr $300 inc GST and Delivery.

I imported 3 from Jogr for about $200 each in the end because the Australian distributer was stuffing about. If you are talking with a Darren then that is the guy.
    He took a long time to post stock out to others that bought from him (as in months).

At least Dutchy is in the scene and will be reliable from previous feedback.

http://www.dsk.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21725&hilit=fire system&start=75
    Scan down about half way.

14. Melb.VDubber

Melb.VDubber Member

Cheers for that, but it won't show any content as I'm not a registered user and I can't seem to see anywhere I can register?

15. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

16. Melb.VDubber

Melb.VDubber Member

I've been speaking with Kurt, who i believe has started a separate thread. Just wondering if there are any other interested parties?

17. Ted2

Ted2 Active Member

I would be keen on purchasing a unit.

18. Squidy

Squidy Well-Known Member

19. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

I'd be up for one too….let us know how the negotiations pan out.
    Cheers,
    Mark

20. Melb.VDubber

Melb.VDubber Member

Sweet, one more would make 5 which puts them at $287 each + freight.