Joining a QLD Club for Registration purposes (limited use)

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by butternut, Jan 14, 2016.

1. KombiFringe

KombiFringe Member

Thats quite a lot in Vic I pay
    registration fee $69.50
    TAC charge $112.00
    Insurance duty $11.20
    Total $192.70

that is Concession and for 6 months only and plus shannon's agreed value (who I had to push to increase the agreed value this Year)

2. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Thread is about Qld and Club Registration not what NSW or Vic or other states cost & have and what you get with states differing SO can this thread get back & stay on topic - sorry folks but them's the rules :cool:

3. butternut

butternut Member

I recently signed up to Volkswagen drivers club of qld - mainly cos I wanted cheap rego ( yes, I know all the restrictions - and It suits me) however what I failed to take notice of was the fact that you need to be on they're books for 12 months before you can apply for special interest vehicle registration. Bummer! is the common across all old clubs?

4. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

My guess is its a club rule.
    Local enquiries indicated I could get a letter to confirm qualifying immediately.
    I may check that.

5. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

That has always been what I have been told when enquiring

6. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Restrictions placed by clubs as they know people are purely after cheaper rego and little interest in getting involved with the club and activities ...... some clubs a bit more carefree to handing it out.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  7. Old Dubber

Old Dubber Active Member

Apply in person at a club meeting and state your circumstances.

8. bruce hh

bruce hh Member

I've had one of my other cars on Qld club rego for years now, but if it wasn't for me paying 4 other full regos I would put it back on full rego as I get to use it so infrequently because of the rules.
    Unless you have personalised plates you will have to change to the club plates, so your vehicle is instantly recognisable as not fully registered (though plate recognition technology means police quickly know anyway even if you're on personalised plates).
    Qld Main Roads did a review of club rego a couple of years ago, but unfortunately the majority of car clubs did not support changing to a log book system as used in several other states. Those of us with classics other than a basic car (campers, wagons, Utes) who might want to occasionally use our vehicle for something other just a club event were seriously disadvantaged by this decision.

9. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Fully agree......

Worth looking into the advantages and disadvantages of historic club rego, before opting in.

Too many feel it’s just cheap rego, without realising the limited use, and club event attendances required, to comply.