1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

July Camping Weekend at Peregian Beach

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by Toni J, May 3, 2007.

1. Toni J

Toni J New Member

Some success at last. Peregian Beach Caravan Park are only too happy to accomodate the Kombi Club 20-21 July Camping Weekend.

Here is the web site to view the park itself and see the tariffs

http://www.peregianbeachcaravanpark.com.au/

Toni spoke to the owners, Martyn and Kim Clarke and they have set aside Powered Sites 19-46 for the Kombi Club. We have booked Site 27.

There are also Cabins and Unpowered Sites as well.

The PBCP is on the David Low Way between Coolum and Noosa. Peregian has a brand new hotel backing onto the PBCP and there are shops between us and the beach. Lovely French Bakery, Chinese, Shop, etc,...

Toni spoke to Kim Clarke and she is only too happy to help us out. Hurray; finally.

As we have a block set aside for the KC, those who wish to attend should book individually and obviously say to Kim and Martyn that you are part of the KC.

Cheers
    Brett

2. 77bay

77bay Active Member

Top stuff Brett, I don't know my roster that far in advance, but if I'm off we'll be there. Probably know next month.;)

3. JHB88

JHB88 Member

Sounds good but has this been approved by Reverend Roy?

Just want to make sure there are no clashes.

We will be there if all Ok by His Eminence.

4. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Yep JHB88 - The Rev knows all about it, and I'm sure he'll be booking his cabin sometime soon. :)

Hope you can come?

5. JHB88

JHB88 Member

Yep. Just booked my site with Martyn.

6. Toni J

Toni J New Member

Background to the weekend.

Not a problem JHB88. I understand why you have raised the question.

Roy gave us the task of research into this weekend, hence the first attempt at Noosa, then the second at Coolum to no avail. The major stumbling block was the lack of availability of powered sites at these two locations.

Peregian was mentioned as a possibity at last Sunday's meeting and Toni (my wife) rang up Kim at PBCP on Monday and the Park reserved Sites 19-46 for us which are all in one block.

We looked into Peregian as the first post suggested and have PM'ed Roy with the results so there has been a fair amount of work go into this with Roy knowing what has been going on since before Easter.

After the clash earlier in the year I understand why you have posted this. It has taken a while to finalise and it has given us an insight into how difficult it must be for Melissa to organise Eden at Easter for next year.

Brett (Toni's other half)

7. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

Success!!

Good work Toni & Brett.
    We appreciate the hassle involved and I'm sure it will be well attended. It might be a bit like Eden - better get in quick, everyone.

JJ's motor will be put back together in the next few days - turned out a little steel tube found its way into the air intake and onto the cylinder head (bang, bang, crunch but no cracks).

Doug

8. chopper

chopper New Member

G'day Toni &Brett,

Love Peregian beach;will take the surfboard and wettie-see you there!
    chopper

9. Toni J

Toni J New Member

It's tough being a bloke!

I went to school with the info to post on this new thread for the weekend about Peregian, thinking we were booking Site 27.

Go home late yesterday... feeling poorly... "cough, cough":wink:....now everyone tells the Forum where the G'ster is staying.... Site 44! Then they start to book close to a three year old! I am but a mere male. God it's tough being a bloke.:rolleyes:

Kim from PBCP suggested the move as this is a better site for those who have tents. Grassy site, no slab.

So if you are booking for Peregian please talk to Kim about your setups and she will help pick a site suitable for your needs. Only a rumour but.....apparently.... she may even tell you where certain members are booked......

Brett wanders off to ponder his ranking in the Jones household....................
    1 G'ster , 2 Toni, 3-9 sun conure, 3 cats and 2 cattle dogs, 10 green frogs, 11 local geckos,................cane toads, cockroaches, bubonic plague,............. ? Brett

Brett (Toni's other half)

10. JHB88

JHB88 Member

I booked a powered site thinking we would all stay together but I don't need power.
    Happy to swap with someone for a tent site if they run out of powered sites.
    Note, however, I have booked for Saturday Night only.

11. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

We too have had a slight change of plan - still coming, but staying in a cabin instead of a tent. Reece isn't keen lugging all of our camping gear (which completely takes over our LandCruiser at the best of times) up there and then spending 3-4 hours setting everything up for a weekend, so we're taking the "soft" option and staying in a cabin.

Give us much more time for merriment, waves, and admiring Kombis. Definitely the preferred option. :)

12. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Good work guys
    Intend to be there
    col

13. Spinner

Spinner New Member

i'll be there and will book accordingly. Great work brett and toni and dont worry, brett, i can sympathise with you. i am always number 7 in importance on the list of humans. even lower down if you include the rat, cat, chickens and fish......ho hum...

14. Archeress

Archeress Guest

We are all set for Peregian too...except we didnt want a powered site so have organised fri night late and sat night on unpowered grass....just the way we like it....not like some who take the soft option..LOL....

15. Toni J

Toni J New Member

Good stuff Kelly we'll have some brews waiting for you guys could even pitch your tent, we promise not to short tent you........maybe:rolleyes:
    Toni:)

16. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Fantastic....perhaps you can bring me a beez neez...lol....drink it if you like...im on the wagon...till tomorrow.....

17. Toni J

Toni J New Member

Nah still got it the refrigerator for you,it can be the ceremonial bottle when the crummydore arrives this wk:eek:

18. chopper

chopper New Member

Booked our site for Fri/Sat nights-think we're on site 27. Be good to catch with everyone.
    chopper

19. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Be good to meet you chopper......Brett and Toni swear you are loverly so thats good enough for me.

20. chopper

chopper New Member

Will see you at Klubfest first and drink a few ales into the early hours...be good to meet the woman behind the humour...your posts crack me up sometimes!!
    chopper