1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

July Camping Weekend at Peregian Beach

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by Toni J, May 3, 2007.

1. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

You're a s*** stirrer Col

You're a s*** stirrer Col and we love it!

2. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Loving your work Col - for a man who assures my husband that you hate Kombis, you have a hell of a social life because of them! Keeps you out of trouble I suppose..... :D

This is shaping up to be a great weekend, although 11 yo son today said he wouldn't be surfing because it would be too cold, so Brett, you're on your own. I want to see how blue your feet can actually go....

3. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Yeah . Its a bit of a sad enditement[sp].300 + signed on at once on a kombi site.
    Poor lost creatures

cheers
    col

4. chopper

chopper New Member

Might do a bit of pole dancing.......just to keep bloody warm!!! And don't hide the Baileys this time Brett!!!
    As for a cruise up Roy...not sure what my workcommitments will be and what time we"ll be able to get away on the Friday...I'll let you know closer to the date.

PS. Spinner, could you pleeeeeeeeeeeeease bring the half barrel for the fire; I promise I'll make Brett get the fire wood this time!!!

chopper

5. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

And I'll even bring the firewood this time. Promise. :D

Oh, that's right - we're staying in a CABIN which will be lovely and warm.....

6. The Brewmaster

Hide the Baileys

Chopper
    What....... hide the Baileys...... it never left the side of the esky from when we got back from Dan Murphy's. Anyway I had my own beer goggles on so why would I have focused on anything other than beer at Klubfest.....Hansa Pilsener to be exact......... in 500ml bottles........and the empties about to be used in bottling a batch of Czech Pilsener!

Kyra
    I must admit the air is cooler than the water and the coldest part will be the feet going across the sand at 6.00 in the morning.

Mish and Adrian may have started a column heater craze to go camping! Go guys.

Let Col be tough and say sly remarks but having a heater in your tent/kombi is not a bad idea at all.....just resourceful.....

Brett

7. Kombigal

Kombigal Member

Smarty bum col

I won't have any body warmth this time and last time I got cold I started a small fire in the engine bay and look how that turned out. I think a heater is the way to go if you are a povvo and can't afford a plush cabin. Why do you think I dance like I am on fire? Pure genious I think.

Jules.

8. Archeress

Archeress Guest

Hey chopper darlink...as brett said...the baileys was down next to the esky..lol...you were too inebriated to notice....you were standing right in front of it and saying..."vere is ze baileez brett?.vot have you done viz it?..My head hurts..."

9. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Suppose a jet Turbine would keep some of the neighbours awake?

I think we should tie chopper to the pole and put the Baileys just out of reach for the weekend.

col

10. Kombigal

Kombigal Member

space constraints

Hey Col,

I would have a turbine but I have run out of room. Must keep some space for the carton of champagne that is of upmost priority.

Have been told that I have too much stuff in Gav already. If I could only find it when I need it!

Will just have to layer up and move around more to keep warm. (was going to say drink more but I don't want to wind up in hospital.... again)

See you there.

PS There coiuld be a contra deal with panel work in exchange for engine work with Geoff at Tiaro if you give him a call. It could be mutually beneficial and we will have two more Kombis on the road. That has to be a good thing.

Jules.

11. Spinner

Spinner New Member

you wont be the only cold co-pilotless one on this weekend, i'll be there too, so we can make merry together!!! what's the local talent like, guys???
    yes i will bring the barrel, maybe 2. what do you think?? Kyra, you think you could get enough firewood for 2 barrels. I was thinking that with all the people that are coming, that there wont be much room around 1 fire.... my marshmallows wont toast very well....

12. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Hmmmm, our wood supply is very much dwindling. Esp after the cold few weeks we've had here. I'll check it out downstairs, but I'm not hopeful. I haven't even got an electric heater to bring along, but I hope to God that the cabin we're in does.....

13. Spinner

Spinner New Member

we may have to put it out there. BYO FIREWOOD so that we can all enjoy the fire.

14. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Reckon that's a stellar idea - BYO booze, kids, food, camping crap for those who aren't taking the soft option like me, and FIREWOOD! Some matches would probably be pretty useful too, but we've got Chopper and he's a smoker, so we'll be fine!

15. 77bay

77bay Active Member

Won't be able to make it sorry guys, just got our new roster and I start on the saturday night.:(

16. raven

raven New Member

firewood

hi spinner check with toni but me thinks no fire at peregian.raven.

17. The Brewmaster

That's a shame Chris

That's a shame Chris. I know you were looking forward to this weekend after Bribie fell through this year. You'll be there in spirit.
    Brett

18. Spinner

Spinner New Member

will do Raven, thanks for the heads up. i'll update when i know more....

quick prayer to the fire gods, please let there be fire, please let there be fire,please let there be fire, amen

19. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Spinner
    check if we can use charcoal instead

No smoke

col

20. Archeress

Archeress Guest

I'll tell you one thing that isnt gassing us out any more.....COLIN....you clever clogs you....no more smells.
    Even going up a 45 degree driveway from a near standing start wasnt an issue.......Thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou.