1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

July Camping Weekend

Discussion in 'Queensland/Northern NSW' started by Roy, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

Nothing happening in July as yet, anyone have any suggestions

Maybe Noosa area would be good as everything has been happening down here in the south of late !!

2. 77bay

77bay Active Member

Not a bad idea Rev, maybe someone up that way could have the "Run To The Sun" this year.

3. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

Yep Chris the Run to the Sun will stay alive

4. Spinner

Spinner New Member

i like the idea of a winter camp out. and i havent been to the north coast for ages. any further in the planning on this one? i'll be in on it if i can get a more secure date. scouts have a camp around that time also. dont want it to clash.

5. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Count us in.

School hols in QLD finish on 9 July, so prolly wouldn't want go until after that?? How about weekend of 21 and 22?

Not sure what's involved with organising, but am happy to help.

As a newbie, can someone please tell me what Run To The Sun is all about?

6. 77bay

77bay Active Member

Kyznet, Run to the Sun was a camping weekend held at Bribie for the last 2 years. Unfortunately the revamp of the surrounding area and the sale of the pub has made it difficult to plan for this year. I think there might be some photos floating around in some previous events somewhere, always a good time.:D

7. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

Preliminary investigations are underway and Toni J is checking out a campground at Noosaville. Toni & Brett will report back after Easter. Spinner, Kyznet and 77Bay - please liaise with Toni J after that re suitable dates.

All events have to be sanctioned by Roy and there's plenty of time yet - no rush.

Isn't it great looking forward to holidays and camping weekends - makes all the dull days at work seem to just fly.

Doug

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  8. Toni J

Toni J New Member

Noosa Reconaissance

Funny you may mention us Doug but we have just returned from a recon to Noosa's Munna Point Camping Ground today! Even survived the Tsunami Alert!!!!!!! Dam I should not have got out of the water at 8.00.

We are going to check with Roy first about dates but as Kyra pointed out Queensland school holidays are June 23 - July 08 (2 week schools) but some private schools have three weeks. Not sure whether they start a week earlier or have a week more which would finish on the weekend of 21 and 22 July. Need to confirm with Roy which weekend.

Also need to remember that this is the height of Grey Nomad Season here on the Sunshine Coast as Bernadette from Munna Point Camping Ground pointed out so powered sites may be in short supply.

But.....good news is that there is a huge covered communal area with gas BBQ's and washing up facilities overlooking the Noosa River with magic sunsets. Also the camping ground has a shop! Only a short walk up the road to Noosaville with restuarants/takeaways/cafes etc and Dan Murphies Liquor Barn oh, so close. Ammenities Blocks are good and a boat ramp for those interested is in the camping ground. Camping area for tents all close together fronting onto the Noosa River and next to communal area. Unpowered section right near both of these areas of the camping ground at the eastern end then the powered section starts.

We have taken photos of the areas and after discussion with Roy will post a new thread. Just a bit hard at thge moment as we have just come back today and Roy leaves for Canberra tomorrow? Hopefully we have something posted just after Roy returns after Easter. So please be patient everyone.

Munna Point is a lovely place and hosts many clubs. Last weekend the Sea Kayak Club was there. Also very strict with noise after 10.00pm and the Noosa Shire Council are policing kids on bikes with regards to wearing helmets.

Until the next installment.

Brett, Toni and the 'G'ster

9. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Thanks Brett and Toni for the recon mission - it all sounds brilliant.

I'm really sorry if I have stepped on anyone's toes with setting up the other thread - as you'll have figured out, I'm always up for a weekend away.

I look forward to hearing more info once all of the excitement and busyness of Canberra is over and done with.

10. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

If anyone wants a bit more distance from civilisation ,Inskip is good . Bush camping on the beach looking across to Fraser island. Rainbow beach nearby for shops etc. Mobile shop/van does the rounds twice a day. Very relaxing with minimal facilities [only toilets]but excellent beaches. Avoid holiday times.

col

11. 77bay

77bay Active Member

Good work so far guys, Munna Point sounds like a great spot. This could end up being Run to the Sun for 2007.;)

12. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Did anything happen with this run?
    Cheers
    col

13. douggieboy

douggieboy Active Member

Noosa area camping

Hi cbus and 77Bay
    Toni J has reported that we are unable to book unpowered sites at most campgrounds (hope I got that right, Toni) which makes it difficult to organise for a Kombi Club event - are there any other suggestions for sites? The Gold Coast crowd are keen to camp up there somewhere but its a bit hard to suss out from here.

Please check out any campgrounds up there for the weekend of 21st July or the weekend after.

Doug

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  14. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Damo is up Noosa way but haven't seen him on here of late - thought he may be able to offer soem ideas of the Noosa Area also

15. Toni J

Toni J New Member

See New Thread about Peregian Beach

Take 3
    After Noosa and Coolum Camp spots could not provide any powered sites, Toni looked into Peregian Beach and they have reserved sites 19 -47 all powered.

So the 20/21 July Camping Weekend is on at Peregian Beach Caravan Park. To those who aren't sure where it is, it is between Coolum and Noosa.

Here is the web site for the park:

www.peregianbeach caravanpark.com.au

Have PM'ed Roy after speaking with him on Sunday and have posted a new thread about this weekend.

Toni did all the groundwork in speaking to Kim, our host at the PBCP.

We are telling everyone to book individually either through the website or phone 07 5448 1223. Just let Kim know you are with the Kombi Club when booking. We have booked Site 27 ourselves.

Now to see who else will join the bandwagon!

Brett (Toni's other half)

16. Toni J

Toni J New Member

Oops, space in link!

Sorry but there was a space in the link to the Peregian Beach Caravan Park web site. It's

www.peregianbeachcaravanpark.com.au

My mistake KC'ers. Sorry
    Brett

17. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

Just booked in...Kym said to tell everyone there is limited powered sited there, so book early if you want one.
    Toni & Brett are on site 44 (they moved you babe cos you have a tent like me)& I am on site 43...
    Judy :)

18. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

We are in. Site 19 (biggest bugger they have to fit our 65 person tent) and Kym said it's 12 steps away from site 44, so George, Callum, Rubes and Jonah won't have far to go.

Unreal. Just have to tell Reece now. :)

Thanks for organising Toni and Brett. Champions.

19. Toni J

Toni J New Member

Glad you all know where we are, Dad didn't...mere male

I went to school with the info to post on a new thread for the weekend about Peregian, thinking we were booking Site 27.

Go home late yesterday... feeling poorly... "cough, cough":wink:....now everyone tells the Forum where the G'ster is staying.... Site 44! Then they start to book close to a three year old! I am but a mere male. God it's tough being a bloke.:rolleyes:

Kim from PBCP suggested the move as this is a better site for those who have tents. Grassy site, no slab.

So if you are booking for Peregian please talk to Kim about your setups and she will help pick a site suitable for your needs. Only a rumour but.....apparently.... she may even tell you where certain members are booked......

Brett wanders off to ponder his ranking in the Jones household....................
    1 G'ster , 2 Toni, 3-9 sun conure, 3 cats and 2 cattle dogs, 10 green frogs, 11 local geckos,................cane toads, cockroaches, bubonic plague,............. ? Brett

Brett (Toni's other half)

20. Jamo

Jamo New Member

Jamo

As a new member I was dissapointed to miss the last event on the Gold Coast but am very keen to get involved here on the Sunshine Coast.
    We are getting a bit of work done on our 73 at the moment but will be ready to roll by mid to late July

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007