1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KahunaKombi, tell me this isn't Igor!

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by JHB88, Nov 20, 2010.

1. winerot

winerot Active Member

the crane operator is a dsker & says its there for a couple of weeks then moved on to
    somewhere else for promotions.
    heres a good promotion "what not to do to a bus that has the fame of being a wvma cover bus"

2. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Bugger.....oh well I couldn't afford to stalk Igor & pay Golden Sheaf prices for beer anyway :lol: Cheers, Mark

3. Ray

Ray Member

Gold Coast 600

Hey Bert,

Sam and I spotted this promo kombi at the GC 600. I'm sure it was sitting ontop of a container where the xxxx pub was. We couldn't get close enough to reconize it was Igor.

He may be having the time of his life driving those xxxx dance girls around at special events. Probably doesn't have to drive anymore the container he was on could of been has home.

Maybe they will give you first dibs on him when they're finished with him. Buy him back for a fraction of the price you got!

Ray

4. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Yo Ray,

Bit hard to recognise Igor except for his number plates - I had to double check the front bumper and could make out the front seats which confirmed it was him.

Doubt he's chaffeuring the XXXX angels about as with the pop up roof expect they had to remove the rear seat.

Strange thing is I saw full roof sections advertised by Mick Motors :D

5. DancingDoonars

DancingDoonars Active Member

.....ummmm......they are vehicles!

6. Ray

Ray Member

Burt,

I had a couple of things done to my car yesterday and i mentioned Igor. Turns out it was in for a service not so long ago and apparently that whole pop top section gones all the down way to the floor. The section lifts up through the roof and becomes a DJ's box ontop of the car.

7. Archeress

Archeress Guest

No argument with what you just said Mark...dont get me wrong, i love my kombis and always will that why i have spent a few thousand in the last couple years on it and am about to spend upwards of 6 k on a new 2litre with new carbs, clutch kit etc etc. Bonny has taken us all over the place in the last 4 years and will continue to give us good times.
    I was trying to convey that though it might be heartbreaking at times to see a bus as good as Igor turned into a monstrosity i am also saying that the new owners can do what they want..its thiers now after all. I still say a bus is a bus is a bus even though she is a debt laden piece if shite at times...Aint selling her. After the engine , the rust and new paint will happen..But ultimately you still have to be realistic that its still a vehicle, times change, people move on and they have different needs..Kombis will also take a back seat for some for a while but usually the kombi love will bring them back one way or another.
    said my bit...seeya.

8. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Agree with you absolutely regarding new owners & what they can do. Your original post just struck me as being a little clinical, for someone that's been involved with kombis for such a long time, that's all. :umm: .....and Igor was really a once in a lifetime bus.
    Of course anyone could do what Bert had done, given the time & money, but to do it first is very different to copying someone else's modifications. Here's to robust discussion :D cheers, Mark

9. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

I see it that everyone entitled to an opinion and yes some may disagree but also see the wording can cause the meaning to be lost.

Even after 6 years with Igor people still were surprised at the way he had held up and were drawing inspiration from him. Some where resto'ing theirs and were looking at ideas to incoprporate into their Kombi. He stood the test of time and alas was mutilated all for the sake of the might of corporate $$$$