Kennett River

Discussion in 'Victoria' started by xerxes, Mar 8, 2012.

1. xerxes

xerxes Member

Just thought I'd share some photos of the Kennett River Camp run by the VW club of Victoria every year - weather was pretty shoddy which apparently kept people away but my niece and I had a great time in a gorgeous spot and the sun came out on Sunday for us to swim in the ocean

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Always good to have your mechanic on site...

2. xerxes

xerxes Member

3. xerxes

xerxes Member

4. xerxes

xerxes Member

5. xerxes

xerxes Member

oh and Hi to Volkvair Frank - got your card - shame on me - were you there and I didn't recognise you or were you just cruising past on Sunday? And thank you to the guys who offered to help with my bullbar issue (fixed) - my niece had a ball walking in the rain and watching dvd's in 'bed' she loved all the other kombis and for those with kids it was great koalas in the trees feeding parrots on your hands collecting shells on the beach and chilling out with people you love :)

6. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Beautiful part of the world, that. Looks like those that made it had a blast...Cheers, Mark

7. VanAime

VanAime Active Member

Great pics xerxes. Thanks for putting them up.

Just shows that you can have a great time despite the weather and a nice looking spot too.

8. sacky

sacky Member

its the first one i have have missed Wendy glad you all had a good time and great photos im sure i will make up for it at Swan Hill.

9. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the Kruize Wendy. Enjoyed the trip!

10. nickc

nickc Member

Love that piece of vico, have had some nice surfs there. Will be back down there one day. Nick

11. VolksVair

VolksVair New Member

Hi Wendy, yeah I just kroooozzed down sunday, spotted some crazy folks swimming so stuck the card on ya windscreen, nice to catch up with you today at Jambo cheers VolksVair

12. cbus

cbus Well-Known Member

Photo on post #4 looks like something from South Georgia. Dry suit territory

Looks like the wax is working ok on your kombi Wendy. love the wheel cover

cheers
    col

13. xerxes

xerxes Member

Hey Frank that was some fun teaching the niece to body board - hoping she wouldn't fall off cause the wave was travelling a LOT faster than me :D Had a ball...good to see you at the jambo too what an awesum variety of vw's - good luck with your project always fun trying to find time to work on your own lol

Van Aime and Sacky - look forward to catching up at busstop :)

Alpal cruizin is one of my favourite pasttimes glad you enjoyed - so lovely to see you both at the jambo yesterday will post some pics to make up for your general slackness in the camera department ;)

cbus - i grew up in Wales and when I went back there for hols the first 5weeks was so cold it hurt my lungs to breathe and the second 5weeks p***d down EVERY SINGLE day - you get on with it and enjoy it haha *moved to Oz for the weather ?!?* Haven't actually put the wax on yet thats just my superb paintjob :D

14. Alpal

Lots of folk at the Jambo admiring the Celtic Kombi. Bit of a drawcard. (Specially some of the window stickers!)

15. sacky

sacky Member

Hi Alpal it was good meeting you and your wife yesterday, it was a great turn out and show.
    Wendy thanks for the great photos i did see you there but did not get a chance to say hi so hi for yesterday see you all at the hill.

16. xerxes

xerxes Member

Always cracks me up when I see people tentatively taking photos of the stickers - all in good fun :) Certainly the artwork brings people over to say hello so that's always nice - ah Sacky the more I see of people the more I will recognise them in a crowd - sorry I missed you will def catch up at Swan Hill and happy snapping is always a pleasure - my dad loves them being a car fanatic himself so its a pleasure to share :)

17. Alpal

Next re-union - Swanny Hilly!