1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keys

Discussion in 'Bay Tech Clinic' started by TheYorkieBar, Apr 26, 2010.

1. TheYorkieBar

TheYorkieBar Active Member

Hi Everyone - Weve bought a 75 Bay Camper and my latest issue is keys... the van came with no keys.. Ive read that there is a serial number on the locks I can use to get another key cut.. (Obvisouly i want to start with the ignition)

Has anyone done this?

Has anyone used a locksmith in Sydney to get a new key based on the code~?

Thanks John

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  2. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

If a locksmith can't rekey on the basis of the number (but they should be able to) then another option would be to buy a new lock/key set for, say, a door and then take all the barrels into a locksmith (some may do it onsite, but it will cost extra) and ask them to rekey all the locks to your new keys. Any proficient locksmith should be able to do it, but it would be wise to get quotes from several as prices can wildly vary. Good luck. :)

3. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

How do you buy a car with no keys? How did you get it home? Please dont tell me it starts with a screwdriver.....

4. TheYorkieBar

Hahahaha - No, No... See Here:

Does anyone have an old key I can have???

5. jae

jae New Member

6. TheYorkieBar

Hi 1500king - Are you able to help me?

John

7. greedy53

greedy53 New Member

i have just done a rekey i took the drivers door handle to locksmith and no problems all done BUT having a van i needed 4 more because the new key won't fit any of the others.
    so i removed all the other handles with key barrel and removede a barrell than stuck the new key in and filed any tumblers down this lets me use the 1 key for every door and no not every key opens the doors total co0st first key $40 spare key $10 4 others 1 hour
    good luck

8. emby

emby Active Member

I've had a key cut from the ignition barrel code at a local locksmith. It was a little more expensive but the key fits like a charm in the ignition barrels and all doors. The locksmith just types the code into his computer, got the pattern and cut the key. Well worth it if you ask me.