1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

killer kombi (70 lowlight)

Discussion in 'Resto Corner' started by redhotchilliwilli, Oct 19, 2007.

1. redhotchilliwilli

redhotchilliwilli New Member

i know chrome dont get you home but dam i think it looks good . i was going to leave the deluxe trim for the end but i got a bit antsy and put it on to see how she is going to look , pretty chuffed i must say . also got the fuel tank in and strapped down and the bulk head back in .started to put the front vents in and got the wiper motor ,so moving along well .one shitty thing was a clip on the inside scrapper poped out and has left a nasty scratch down the tint on the passager side window , still waiting on the front hub but this will be the next job .
    redhotchilliwilli
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. redhotchilliwilli

and the engine bay
    front beam
    and the front windows
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Mountain Goat

Mountain Goat Member

Fantastic!!!....that's all I can say.. & keep th pics coming :)
    Denise

4. Bay_Buddha

Bay_Buddha Member

It looks wicked so far Chilli!!!

The brackets look tidy for your lights inside... I look forward to seeing them installed.

I hope the home stretch flows smoothly!

Phill.

5. jb4845

jb4845 Member

Coming along nicely Brendon - all looking very nice indeed

Bummer about the tint- I was so paranoid when reinstalling my windows-small things like this are bound to happen but they still annoy the hell out of you-just keep at it

JOSH

6. blu bay jay

blu bay jay New Member

looking good chilli, shame about the gap inthe trim for the old mirror hole!

7. redhotchilliwilli

i know the gap in the trim is a real shame ,i was going to get a piece of the old trim and cut it to fit in the gap but i then thought of something way cooler .my wife got a round vw key ring when she brought her jetta and it fits perfectly in the space now just have to find a way of secure it there . also put the front part of the dash . im having some issues with putting the vent leavers in so i left it for next time .ill sleep on it and the anwsers will come .
    rhcw
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  8. redhotchilliwilli

front brakes are fitted and just waiting for the hoses . today i also fitted the l/r tie rods the drag link and the dampener . the new steering pivot kit was installed and all seems to be working well , getting close to the whole front end being finished and then i can move onto the rear hubs..................
    having the gear box rebuilt next week leaving this up to the experts .its an 1800 thats going in ,with the 4th gear changed for the 2015 engine .
    getting closer .

9. Baldwithabeard

Baldwithabeard Active Member

hats off, very nice chilli...she'll go and go and go given the duracell colour scheme.

10. redhotchilliwilli

didnt i tell you she has been sponsored by the battery company . the $ 10 went along way .
    but i have to take the front badge off and put a dam pink bunny there .maybe it will go faster

11. blu bay jay

blu bay jay New Member

Ha Ha, very nice chilli, getting close now!

12. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Looking amazing...im into that colour,the chrome really works with it.

13. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Love the solution you came up with the Jetta key. Looks very cool. I'm sure you'll figure a way to sort it.

As I've said before, this colour looks absolutely amazing. It all just looks so new and shiny!!

14. redhotchilliwilli

been doing plenty over the last few weeks , the front end is pretty much complete apart from one brake hose that im still waiting for . new pads and a clean up of the calipers had an issue with the remote reservoir well the pipe that connects the 2 of them,unfortunatly no one here could help .fitted the new steering pivot kit .new rear brake hoses .still have to fitt the rear shoes . well i mean i have to get the rear wheels off dam things are once again stuck on . does anyone have a tip for getting the hub nut off ,its tricky .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. redhotchilliwilli

got the gear box back yesterday . full re built with 4th gear changed to 0-82ajh and
    4-86 r&p.1st and 4th were blown right out and reverse was shattered .had to change over the mounting brackets front an late bay to an early .new reverse switch and all should be good .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and added some of the chrome that i got back last week
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  16. redhotchilliwilli

and today i spent it out of the rain cleaning up and replacing the drive shaft cv boots .
    fun job i must say . found it a bit tricky first of and a must for this is apair of circlip pliers found this out after a few attemps .all the joints seemed to be in great shape . .replaced the boots and gave the arms a spray and a tidy up .will pack the joint with grease just before i in stall them so in a few weeks .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  17. redhotchilliwilli

18. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

What this kombi needs is some sweet door vents.

19. Bay_Buddha

Bay_Buddha Member

Ahhh inspriation Chilli!!!

The Cvs are the next job I'm due for... Looks like fun!

Any tips?

Phill.

20. 70 BUS

70 BUS New Member

I see a "Best Modified Bay" award coming your way!