1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kinglake National Park Oct 22/23 2011

Discussion in 'Victoria' started by Alpal, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Kruised in misty rain to St Andrews from home with friends Wolfgang and Marie on our tail. Necro found us wandering aimlessly around the market and we were then found by Xerxes Wendy and Shelly. A cup of coffee and a text message from Rach they had made it to the pub across the road.
    Too good an invitation so all to the St Andrews pub for a drink and some food. Confusing introductions with our Canadian being called Mersey instead of Cam. Mersey is the Kombi so it was a compliment!
    Nice and cosy in the Pub but we said our goodbye’s to Dave, Wendy and Shelley and Konvoyed to Kinglake.

Headed up the hill to Kinglake and into the clouds (or fog?)
    [​IMG]

Closely followed by a couple of Kombi's
    [​IMG]

Arrived and set up camp raedy for the rain
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  2. Alpal

Settled in and went for a wander them back to camp to keep dry.
    [​IMG]

Wolfgang tried to appease the gods with a smoke offering
    [​IMG]

A bit of drizzle, some lightning and a warning from a Ranger that there was some heavy weather around caused us some apprehension but Wolfgang’s magic was strong. A pleasant evening around the fire with the neighbouring campers doof doof music filling the air.

Woke up Sunday to bright sun for breakfast. Rach and Mersey (Cam) said their farewells and headed of to explore the region and the 4 of us that were left headed for a walk along the creek. Very nice regeneration after Black Saturday fires
    [​IMG]

After lunch meandered back to Yarra Glen for a Coffee, then home.

Very pleasant weekend spent with lovely people!

3. xerxes

xerxes Member

Alpal and Carol - it was lovely to meet up with you and catch up with Necro - and great to meet new people - Wolfgang had some good stories eh - would love to come camp up there sometime when it warms up - was thinking about you in the thunder and lightning but today was beautiful would have been great to do some walking up there today :)

4. Rach

Rach Member

Hi Alpal, Carol, Wolfgang and Marie
    Cam and I had a great weekend away and met some really lovely people. We left Kinglake in the morning and cruised home via Healsville and Marysville. Thanks Alpal for organising the camping spot, look forward to catching up again.

Rach

5. Alpal

We will do it again! Hello to Mersey! (Snicker)

6. xerxes

xerxes Member

Alpal - on the strength of my conviction that no I wasn't going to do anything about the heater I have just ordered John's How to keep your VW alive - if there are pictures I will get under and have a look at cables - visual learners can't be told they need to see - think you might well be correct in assuming some kind of seizure or tightness of the cables - can't move one of the levers now and the other one is stiff - once I can 'see' what I'm 'supposed to be seeing'.... :D
    Necro checked my horn out - his worked and he showed me (and I saw) how to put a new one on (I would never have thought to look there for it such an obscure place..) so I have ordered one and will replace it myself ;) Thanks Necro
    and thank you for motivating me - both of you

7. Alpal

Dont know if Muir will guide you thru the challenge of the heater. There have been references to heater magic on other posts recently and otherwise use common sense. No magic, just nuts and bolts etc.

8. VanAime

VanAime Active Member