Klub Fest 17th June 2007

Discussion in 'Klub Fest 2007' started by Roy, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

You may have heard that Klub Fest in Brisbane has been cancelled this year.
    After all the hard work Klub VW members have put in over the last few years, it would be disappointing to see the event slip into the anuals of VW history,
    So after talking to Alec of Klub VW, we have decided to resurect the event.
    Klub VW, in association with The Bus Stop, 'Kombi Club' and 'Kombis in Paradise', will be taking on the event.
    For logistical reasons it will move to the Gold Coast for this year, hopefully it will take place early June 2007.

Time is short but after preliminary discussions, we would like it to be as the name implies, a 'Klub Festival'.
    We are aiming to get a high profile location and make it a family festival celebrating the Volkswagen.

We would like to invite other clubs to put up displays, promoting thier clubs, Mechanical workshops to offer info and advice to attendees, displays from worshops, displays from speciality workshops, Retailers, Vendors ect
    If any members of any club or organisation wishes to have a stall, please feel free to contact us.
    Our vision would be to squeeze in as much in the day as possible to keep people entertained all day, so you dont want to wander off after an hour
    contests
    kids activities
    show n shine
    swap meet
    trade stalls
    clowns
    dancers
    bands
    Food, ice cream and drink stalls

Camping will be available nearby

Like I say time is short but with the help of members we can mke this event one of the best on the calendar.

We will advise on location asap

If anyone has any suggestions please send them in

2. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Sounds great Roy :) ,
    Just let us know if you need a hand with anything...........Lorraine

3. Roy

:) we will need as many hands as possible

Fancy doing a sweet stall

4. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Boiled lollies are Andy's speciality!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Sounds great Roy

6. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Recon this could turn into something very special.
    Onya Roy,count me in!!.
    Steve.

7. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Roy I have a friend at Mudgeeraba that just brought a juice/smoothie van. I am sure she would be interested in doing this event if she is not already booked. Let me know what you think and I will run it by her.

8. Roy

we have managed to secure, stage 3 of 'Parklands', a huge grassed area, plenty of room for activities, show n shine, club displays, shop displays, trade stands, swap meet and even powered Camping for the Saturday night on site.
    Also in this area is a large Pavillion in case the weather turns bad, If its fine we intend to use this area for kids activities

We are planning on it being a Club festival whereby every club will be invited to have a display and maybe even inter club games through the day.

Families and children will be welcome with kids activities through the day. We want visitors to, 'want' to stay, not drift away becasue there is nothing to do.

Trophy's for various categories, by peoples choice.

The event will still be known as Klub Fest, new logos are being drawn up as we speak.
    Date: 17th June 2007 with camping from 2pm on Satrurday 16th June 2007
    Location Gate 8, Parklands, Parklands Drive, Southport Qld

$25.00 Overnight Camping and Entry for two Adults to show, kids up to 16yo free
    $10.00 entry to show for car and 2 adults, Kids up to 16yo free
    $5.00 entry fee for pedestran access, kids up to 16 yo free

Trade stands $50.00 (inc camping for 2 adults)
    Services stands $25.00 ($40.00 inc camping)
    Swap Meet (second hand goods only) $15.00 ($30.00 inc camping)
    Club displays free

Service stand can be any business that offers a service to visitors, whether it be detailing or mechanical services. Instead of just handing out cards, we would like to encourage you to make up a display of some kind just to get visitors talking to you

Club Displays - Clubs are invited to mke up a display whether its current members vehicles, flashback in time, themed, anything

If any members want to carry out some service (within reason) on the day, please let me know.

We need as much help as we can find in the lead up. Your suggestions would be appreciated.
    You ideas can be sent to either myself, Johnnie (Kombis in Paradise) or Alec (Klub VW)

Although we do not have much time, we want this event to be a spectacular to celebrate the Volkswagen, come down and have a party, join in the fun

Many Thanks

Roy

9. Roy

One drawback of Parklands is that they hold the catering rights, I am sorry that would have been good

10. winerot

winerot Active Member

will hope to be there for this & good on ya roy for this & all you do for the love of vw's.
    somebody should put this on avd to let all know(im sure klub vw will)
    wally

11. Roy

Wally, i cant as I am banned from AVD :)
    If someone can list it on there that would be great
    Cheers
    Roy

12. KahunaKombi

If no one can put it up on AVD I can look at doing it tomorrow.

13. 1kombilover

1kombilover New Member

thanks bert, that would be greatfully appreciated, cheers johnnie

14. KahunaKombi

No wuckers Jonnie

15. KahunaKombi

Have put details up in the coming events section and links to it in Genreal Chit Chat and also the 2007 Events.
    Will monitor these posts and provide feedback by posts on here. :)

16. winerot

winerot Active Member

roy i knew you couldn't do it but its up there now by fossil i think so alls good.

ps roy if you keep doing stuff like this jumping in to keep klub fest going starting up & running this forum (kombi club) organising events & not forgetting the business of yours that makes it affordable for us to buy parts.
    WE MIGHT HAVE TO BAN YOU FROM THIS SITE TOO (its alright folks just having a little poke with stick at the site roy's banned from).
    nothing else on in june i would say its a good chance we will be there & being on the gold coast just a bit closer for us.
    cheers wally

17. KahunaKombi

Yeah Wally - I go under Fossil on AVD and KombiKahuna on DSK - thinking of changing name here to KombiKahuna - hey Roy can you do for me

18. winerot

winerot Active Member

hah bert after i posted the other i noticed it was igor in the avatar, doh!

19. 1kombilover

1kombilover New Member

hey guy's, well we really want this thing to work and for it to be a real festival atmosphere, everything to keep the kid's happy, along with kombi's, camping, and great relaxed festival style show, where we have picked for the show has heap's of room for growth, we look forward to seeing everyone there, cheers johnnie

20. 1kombilover

1kombilover New Member

hey guy's,

well we are happy to announce that starting in the next couple of day's, we are going to be starting to sell raffle ticket's from now until the show, with the winner's to be announced one the day of the show, the major prize in going to be donated by myself, i am donating a body work and paint job for someone's bus to the value of $5000. Ticket's will go on sale in the next week, all member's from any club anywhere in australia are welcome to enter, more detail's will be posted soon, as well as other prizes yet to be determined,

thanks johnnie kombi's in paradise 0404173558