1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Klub Fest 2008

Discussion in 'Klub Fest 2008 - Gold Coast' started by Roy, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Roy

Roy Administrator Staff Member

Yes we are doing it again next year, brought to you by The Bus Stop and Kombis In Paradise.

Hosted by The Kombi Club and Klub VW

We have provisionally booked Friday June 13th - Sunday June 15th 2008

I dont think this coincides with anything but if it does please let us know.

The intention is to make klub Fest a full weekend event, again camping on site.
    Saturday will be the activity day, while Sunday will be the Show day

We will be changing a few details for next year as we did learn quite a bit from KlubFest 2007

The camping area will be expanded and we have more parking areas

Your suggestions are welcomed

Cheers
    Roy

2. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Look forward to it have put it on calendar already! Not too many changes needed as it was so well done this year.
    Just need a few more helpers and maybe change the voting to judges for most categories with a publics pic of show for most popular.........
    Lorraine

3. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Yay! I promise (hand on heart) to assist you on the day. I think I got caught up in too much excitement saying hello to people to be of any assistance this year.

Unreal!

4. will be great

ill defently have my kombi up and ready to show by then cant wait roy it'll be great!

5. quuens birthday weekend!

just wondering is this the queenms birthday weekend as thats the main weekend of winter sun and dont wont it to colide just wondering ??

6. Actually

i just got on calendar.com and it is the 8th 9th 10th so it should be sweet!

7. woohoo! bring it on:) perhaps Mr percival might win a trophy next year, can only dream cant he:)

8. Necro

Necro Active Member

Don't know if you are interested or not Roy,

But one thing you could consider is workshops....

For instance, I could be tempted to do a How to remove and install a Poptop Canvas workshop....on the Saturday...it would take three to four hours...

All I need is a few tools, 240volts and a helper, but the people learning can do that...

And a kombi which wants a new pop top canvas....

Let me know what you think and we can work out the details....

9. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Dave, I think that's an excellent idea. There would probably be many suppliers/providers who would be able to show buyers how to do things.

I'm sure if they were asked nicely that Toni and Brett would be VERY happy to give a demonstration of sanding, priming on Wilfred etc..... ;) I'd pay to see that!

10. hmm good idea!

yer i reckon it would be a great idea dave,!

11. StevieVW

StevieVW Well-Known Member

What a fantastic idea!!!

What a way to get people motivated to sprucing their Kombi's up.

12. GypsyWannabe

GypsyWannabe Active Member

Good idea!

And someone could do a sand and respray workshop... I'd gladly donate Janie as a guinea pig...! :)

Baz

13. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Baz...you would have to get her to the Gold Coast first. ;)

14. GypsyWannabe

GypsyWannabe Active Member

Not a problem - good excuse to make the trip... "Look, honey. I'll finally be shown how to do all this stuff properly and come away with a Kombi that looks as nice as the ones you saw in Lost the other night and all the other "nice" ones you keep pointing out!". :-D

Baz

15. Sheriff

Sheriff Active Member

The member for Wolfsburg and I have loved the photos so much...we will have to make the pilgramage me thinks!! A road trip! Yay...Eden at easter as well?? mmm...

16. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Hey Baz...i'm with you,i've got a terrific blank canvas to work on in the shape of a 1970 Lowlight...create,create,create!:)

17. ill be donor for necro's steering covers!

ill be a donor for your steering wheel covers necro you can show it off on my baby free of charge lol!

18. deadman31790

deadman31790 New Member

Klubfest 08 shld be awsome i attended the 07 show only on the sunday but now that my Kombi has had some wrk done it i cant wait to bring it for the saturday campout im lookin forward to it already. by the way if it starts on friday wat happens that day?
    peace everyone

19. Necro

Necro Active Member

In a word Deadman...

Drinking....:)

20. The Brewmaster

The Brewmaster New Member

Word Association

I just don't understand this word association thingo......campover at Klubfest .......with........ drinking.........?

Dave, can you explain this to me please?