Klubfest Friday night dinner

Discussion in 'Klub Fest 2008 - Gold Coast' started by mish13, May 21, 2008.

1. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

For those of you planning on arriving on Friday night I thought I would try and co-ordinate a get together dinner.We will be eating inside a large hall so plenty of room for everyone.
    We wont have any BBQ facilities on the Friday night so the plan is for everyone to make something that can be shared. I will bring along a long table to put the food on but if you need to heat something up you will need to bring a fry pan or something similar.
    Its BYO plates and chairs and if you have a fold up table bring it along.
    It would be great if we knew in advance what people plan to bring so we don't double up on anything.
    Show us your culinary specialty

I will be bringing spaghetti bol

2. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

I'll bring along a sticky date pudding with caramel sauce and lashings of cream. May as well have some sweet stuff as well as savoury. It's kinda my speciality and people seem to ask me to bring it wherever we go, so it must be all right.

However, I will need to heat the sauce - does anyone have a microwave in their camper?? I wonder if the hall will have one.

3. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Kyra we are going over to check out the hall tomorrow so I will see what is there. I was saying to Adrian this morning that we might grab the microwave off the boat and bring that. I will let you know what we decide.
    Your desert sounds yum I think we will have to do an early morning jog around the park on Saturday to burn off the calories.
    Michelle

4. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

I'll be bringing Mars Bar slice... thats the best I can do seeing I am flying up :)

(and theres not much room on my broomstick ;) )

5. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Great - thanks Michelle. Yes, I think there will be loads of runs around the park required with the calories that I intend to consume that weekend!

6. the invisible smith

the invisible smith New Member

Righto lads..... we'll need four strapping young chaps, a jimmy bar and a can of axle grease to wedge Kyra back into Lola on Sunday! :lol:

7. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

Ooooohhh eeerrrr. Now you're talking. :) Would that be edible axle grease though?

8. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

I'll bring a Tikka Masala chicken curry...............Lorraine

9. Toni J

Toni J New Member

I hope one of your girls isn't going to get the chop Lorraine:eek: Oh well seen as the poultry option is gone what about stewed tripe on a bed of spinach!!!!! Just checking to see if you all were reading, what about thai massaman beef curry?

10. back street bessie

back street bessie Active Member

Yummo... now you're talking Toni ,thats my kinda tucker ;)........(pause)........NOT !!!:barf:

11. Lewiebus70

Lewiebus70 New Member

I'm in, I'll bring a vege chickpea curry.
    deb

12. kyznet

kyznet Active Member

How did it go with the checking out of the hall Mish? Is there a microwave there for heating up the caramel sauce?

Thanks.

13. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

We will get the microwave off the boat before klubfest.

We cant get into the hall because it is being used but Doug has had a walk around the outside, I am sure power wont be a problem. I am bringing a long table so we can use that for the microwave and for putting all the food on.
    I just hope the rain has finished by then.

14. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

I just thought I would bump this one back up again as it is getting closer.

Do we have anymore takers for Friday night dinner?

We wont have the hall on the Friday night so it will be a communal dinner outside, bring your winter woollies.
    We will bring a long table to place the food on and a microwave for heating anything up.

See you all soon Michelle

15. The Dub Driver (Byronbug)

The Dub Driver (Byronbug) Well-Known Member

As discussed, I will bring 2 hot chickens we can share...
    will pick them up on the way up there.
    Judy

16. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

3 amigos

the 3 amigos will bring 3 pizzas too share:p :D

17. ModelJets

ModelJets Active Member

Any takers for a local restaurant or club perhaps?

18. 3Amigos

3Amigos Active Member

sharks

sharks foot club is just down the road..actually ..nearly behind parklands.....always a good feed....:D ..i always see a kombi parked there......:umm:

19. Kombi Genes

Kombi Genes New Member

unfortunately we wont be there for the friday night now so no chickpea curry.
    sorry
    see you all Saturday
    Deb

20. mish13

mish13 Well-Known Member

Hi Dean we do have Parkwood Tavern and Sharks just down the road and we did talk about going to one of them. I think it may have been down at Mardigrass that we decided that it would be nicer to just set up camp and have an easy communal dinner on the grounds. This way we could set up awnings if we have them and not have to try and do it later in the dark. I also wouldn't like to leave some kombi's unattended at parkland's at night if we car pooled.
    If you want to stay with us and don't want to cook maybe you could bring some potatoes to throw in the microwave and some bread.This would go nicely with the other things that people are bringing.(Just a thought )
    Looking forward to catching up tomorrow...Michelle