Kombi Club Bus Stop 2007 - Canberra Webpage

Discussion in 'The First national Kombi Club Bus Stop 2007' started by melissa, Jul 8, 2006.

1. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi Lynn and Paul,

Mattman is meeting up with us and Byronbug on the Thursday, would love to have you and anyone else travel with us, send Mattman a Private Message (just in case he doesn't see this post) to see where to meet them as he is on the Gold Coast also, we are a bit further south at Byron and Nimbin.....getting excited now.....Lorraine

2. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Thursday 8th Feb

57 Days and counting.
    The number of kombis so far going to Canberra =33
    Who else is going?

3. Necro

Necro Active Member

Hey Melissa,

I just rang to book for Easter and was told there is no need to book an unpowered site...

So they didn't take my name...Conservatively, I said I don't want to drive from Melbourne and be told there is no room and was reassured, no need to book and don't worry...

So my name is not on a list there, but you can mark me down as coming...
    I simply couldn't not come, I would be jealous for six months...

4. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Of course I will mark you down Dave. Don't worry about not having a 'booking' as such, they have told the others that too. There is plenty of room available in the non powered sites. :)

5. Necro

Necro Active Member

Yipee....! I can't wait...

What a cast of Kombi Luminaries I shall get to meet....:)

6. Kombigal

Kombigal Member

Heres Hoping

hi fellow kombi dudes and dudettes,

I am hoping to make it to Canberra but as some of you may know I had a recent episode with a fire in the hole where the engine goes and had to rebuild the whole thing again. I am hoping to be back in action by then and would like someone to tell me if there is a convoy from Queensland or Northern NSW that I could join.

You will be happy to know I now carry a fire extinguisher with me at all times and have ditched the petrol and gone back to straight LPG. Also had an upgrade to a 89 litre Gas tank and a 2300 engine but unfortunately won't be able to fit the supercharger on in time for the trip.

Also have struck the sentence "So nothing should go wrong now" from my vocabulary!!!!

Hope to see you all in Capital city.

Jules.

7. ruby6689

ruby6689 Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi Kombigal,
    Glad to see that you might make it to Canberra and yes we do have a convoy going down...I am currently working on times etc but the starting point will be Thursday 5th April 7.00am at the servo on Penny Lane just south of the Reddy Creek exit off the Gold Coast highway....Reverand Roy will be leading the flock...please PM me with your postage details and I will get an intineray to you as soon as it is finished. Anyone else who is interested plese PM me as well. I will need to know numbers to book the camping grounds...........thanks Lorraine

8. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Keep dancing Jules. See you in Kanberra (the Kombi Kapital)

9. Kombigal

Kombigal Member

Technoligically challenged

Hey Lorraine,

Well I didn't want to admit this but I will be buggered if I can work out how to PM you so here are my details: email would be best as I can work out how to do that. jr_papertrail@bigpond.com. Are you guys driving straight through or stopping overnight. If you go straight through I may need to borrow a relief driver from someone if I can't talk anyone into coming with me. I need someone to hold the fire extinuisher at the ready just in case.......

Very excited about another kombi trip.

Jules.

10. melissa

*** 30 DAYS TO GO!!!!***
    I have been updating the webpage and if anyone is coming that I have not added...then please let me know!

I hope you are all getting organised...its only 4 weeks away! :)

11. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

"Crow Eaters outnumber everyone else so far....head em off at the Hay Plain...where are the Vics? C'mon we need a few more"

We've caught up now! Ten kombis listed for Melbourne - well done, but let's see if we can be the biggest contingent!

But where are the Tasmanians? We'd love to add them to our convoy...

12. 1975 Westfalia

1975 Westfalia New Member

Can't wait!

I don't think we are able to join any convoy to Canberra, as we are leaving Adelaide early in the weekand planing to stop at an old friends place near Jindabyne before the last leg. Any one driving up from that end (South) or are we on our own?

13. Marty

Marty Active Member

You could always join up with everyone in Yass (just north of Canberra). If you have UHF on ch18 you could co-ordinate with others when getting closer

14. 1975 Westfalia

1975 Westfalia New Member

Hall perhaps?

I considered that one briefly, Wild One, but we have a little one who will be 10 months old then. He can do the 3 hours from Jindabyne, but doubling back may be too much in one day for him. Depending on how we go on the day we could go up the Barton Hwy a little way to Hall and meet the convoy there. We have a UHF-CB, so can listen out for you all. An ETA for Hall would be great.

15. Green4Go

Green4Go New Member

Hi Melissa , add me to the list Please ,Tonymac , need power so have booked powered site at White Ibis park (just down the road) c u there!!

16. kom123

kom123 New Member

Just realised we're not up yet either so please add our tribe to the list :)

17. melissa

Done guys :)

18. brookie

brookie Guest

With all the posts at the moment everybody that is not going must be getting jealous.
    Convoys everywhere except from WA but there is always next time.

Watching countdown on webpage

http://kombiclubaustralia.googlepages.com/home

19. GypsyWannabe

GypsyWannabe Active Member

Yeah, I'm getting jealous. I doubt my Kombi will be ready for rego in time and I don't know if I can even swing the time, yet.

But who knows? With the M7, there's only 2 sets of traffic lights between my place and Canberra airport, so I might just take a day trip, or even longer and visit my brother.

Just might pop in. ;)

Baz

20. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Melissa

Hey Melissa: Is the caravan park on the main highway that turns off from the Hume?

No doubt my navigator will tell me where to go? She always does!!!! Ha Ha!