Kombi Convoy Descending Black Mountain

Discussion in 'The First national Kombi Club Bus Stop 2007' started by bajabus, Apr 8, 2007.

1. bajabus

bajabus Member

This is a short vid of the Convoy Descending Black Mountain today in Canberra.

CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO START THE VID.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  2. Doc

Doc Active Member

Thanks bajabus great to see.

3. SUTTO

SUTTO Active Member

Nice, I wonder what the cyclist was thinking maybe something like this "oH crap I new steeling the VW symbol of that kombi would come back to haunt me!"

4. phantom

phantom Member

How do we view the video?

5. GypsyWannabe

GypsyWannabe Active Member

Just click on the image. It will open to photobucket. You might need to pause it until it loads fully.

Baz

6. Archeress

Archeress Active Member

What i want to know is this............Why are there non kombis inbetween the convoy?........they are going to have to tighten up..not good....not good at all.........I think we should approach roy when he gets back and find out why hes not showing much leadership.LOL

7. Doc

Doc Active Member

Kelly I think there were non Kombis in the convoy because Roy forgot to bring the Mounts for the missile launchers. All self respecting Kombi owner have them these days. Because none of our horn buttons work with a simple mod one little press and any car that gets in you way or cuts in on you cops a sidewinder up the exhaust. There was a thirty mm cannon attachment for the indicators but it tended to stall the kombi and cause havoc at intersections. I heard that a few people were upset with Roy with the oversight and you may see a different el presidente come the revolution.
    Cheers

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  8. phantom

phantom Member

OK, now I feel stupid but will ask anyway. I've attached a screenshot of my screen and the post below...so...what image do I click on?

[​IMG]

9. GypsyWannabe

Phantom,I don't know... I have an image below that texst line.

Maybe your internet settings are blocking something...???

Baz

10. winerot

winerot Active Member

no phantom your not stupid there is a pic missing from your screen
    should have been just below click on image

11. phantom

phantom Member

Ahh, life is wonderful with computers....! I'm off interstate first thing in the morning so I'll fiddle with this on the weekend. Thanks, at least I know I am not going blind.

12. Doc

Doc Active Member

What browser are you using as the image is .jpg but it is embedded and your secuirty may not allow the script to be run?

13. GypsyWannabe

Phantom,

I read a post in the Photo Gallery thread (the Canberra one) that suggests you might need Quicktime installed.

Cheers,

Baz

14. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Hey Phantom, I use Firefox and see my screen as you do. Sometime ago, poking around in settings, installing plugins, etc, I set the browser to block all pix coming from outside the site I am viewing (intending to block externally-provided ads from pages), without realising the side-effects (blocking photobucket pix from appearing in posts on this forum).

I think the plugin causing the problem is Adblock but I couldn't find how to reset it, but it might be a setting within the browser itself. I am also using a plugin that blocks java, javascript, quicktime, flash etc.

I am not sure if IE has similar options.

Make sure you have Flash 8 (or 9) installed, then try this link:

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f284/bajabus/?action=view&current=MVI_1145.flv

If that doesn't work, and you are using Firefox, a plug-in called Unplug will enable you to save it to your hard-disk for viewing in another program... I use this all the time for YouTube and Google Video, saves downloading the file multiple times...

Otherwise, you could try opening it in another browser....

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  15. natishavingfun

natishavingfun New Member

Thanks for the fantastic footage. Nice to see the old girl in action.

16. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

Thanks for that video! That was an amazing trip - I am proud of Woger for making it, and relieved that Cammo's smoking brakes didn't fail on the way down...!

17. Schmoburger

Schmoburger Active Member

I would have been more concerned about the smoking brake fumes overcoming the rest of us behind Cammo causing us to pile up neatly on top of Woger! :D

Man what a stink... that's the last time I drive down a mountain behind an automatic Kombi! :eek: :D