Kombi Convoy

Discussion in 'The First national Kombi Club Bus Stop 2007' started by cammokombi, Dec 9, 2006.

1. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Ha Ha! Luckily for most of the run there are only a few stretches where its only a single lane. The saving grace is that in those stretches there are sufficient over taking lanes, so even the hyped up truckies can over take you. I'll just nick up to chanel 40 and talk them around so no dramas there. Been there done that ha ha!
    4 Sleeps to go!!!!
    I packed most of the food in today so its all systems go.
    Oh I just thought....At the first nights camp, there is toilets and water but no drinking water. So dont forget to bring enough fresh water for your cuppa's etc.

2. kommodius

kommodius New Member

Our current estimates put us in Yass at 7.00 - 8.00 am Friday morning.
    Double shot long blacks and new H4 headlights permitting!!

Ray & da Boyz

3. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Still having breakfast then

We will be about 5 hours behind you. Depends what time we all wake up.

4. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

3 Sleeps To Go!

5. kombidaze

kombidaze Member

what is your estimated time of arrival at gundagai on friday morning? i am thinking about coming over the mountain thursday avo and overnighting at the gundagai truck stop and hopping onto the rear end of the canberra combi convoy as it weaves its merry way up the highway towards yass just a gestimate would do, so as i don't sleep in (asif)

6. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Guesstimating

Our night rest area is aprox 140 kilometres south of Gundagai. So if we get going by 9am ish on Friday morning we should be in the general area a bit before 11am.

7. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Looking at ze mapping it is all uphill to Kanberry und all downhill back to Melbourne. Ya? Zo fuel consumpt vill be better on zo return!

8. TasDeb

TasDeb New Member

Hi all, it looks like I just might make it to Canberra after all. After the big list of things that must be done, book passage on Spirit of Tas, tick, have mechanic give engine a quick glance, tick, buy hand held radio, tick, buy second battery, tick, talk 17 year old son into joining me, the making it a family tradition and in years to come he could brag to the children/grand children did the trick, he loves sentiment, tick, book the pets into boarding kennels (a bit hard at last minute for easter), tick, worded up my staff that I needed a couple of days off, tick now I just have to ask my boss in the morning, phone and pay for the spirit tickets forget about the list of things that should be done and if all go's well we hope to head out of Hobart after work at about 3.30pm Wednesday to catch the Spirit at 9pm then docking in Melbourne at 7am Thursday morning and should make it to the meetng point in plenty of time. Are there any other Tassie Kombi's going along?

9. Alpal

Alpal Moderator Staff Member

Good Man Tasdeb. Look forward to cruisin with you

10. Marty

Marty Active Member

Look forward to seeing you TasDeb, so soon now - it's all so exciting!

11. TasDeb

TasDeb New Member

How many Kombi's are expected on this convoy from Melb?

12. HempKombi

HempKombi New Member

Good news TasDeb, as has been said a thousand times already, the more the merrier.
    Just spent the evening getting Sebastion ready, all the cooking and eating implements are in, gas bottle is back in, checked to make sure all my water tank hoses only have two holes in them. All I got to do now is get myself ready, which means a busy Wednesday night as have family commitments tomorrow. Good thing coles is open 'til midnight!!!

13. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

how many?

There are 12 registered on the event website but I know of 3 others that are not but are coming along. Then theres you and one or two others we will pick up on the way. If a couple more show up on the day it could be anything from 18 to 20. kombis by the time we hit Canberra.

14. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Convoy

Looks like we got uz a CONVOY!!!!! EEEEHARRR!!!!

15. TasDeb

TasDeb New Member

Thanks that sounds great Kamokombi, I may need a little assistance with my hand held radio to make sure I can keep in touch, thanks for the tip by the way I got it from SuperCheap Autos.

16. kaye and rex

kaye and rex New Member

Have fun Deb...take lots of photos...give Necro a hug from me...behave yourself..nar..scratch that just have fun!!! We will get together when you get back
    love
    Kaye

17. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Will my nerves stand the waiting?

2 More Sleeps To Go!!!!

18. Necro

Necro Active Member

Still trying to work out how to get there by 9:30 am...just curious, if we are only driving halfway...why so early...?

It's very had work getting out of bed when you are a clown....?

19. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Tomorrow and today

If anyone has any messages or questions then today or early tomorrow is the best time to get it on here as I will be packing the laptop with the rest of the gear later tomorrow. So the last posts from me will be on here tomorrow. Hope that makes sense? If it does please explain it to me as I'm confused Ha! ha! I'm getting too excited to sleep as the time gets closer.

20. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Sorry Necro

We know you are not a morning person. But that time was put up by the group so we have just gone along with it. It suits most of the people who talked about it at the time. (People Power) At least we will be able to make our camp and have a good kick back and relax before cooking our dinner on the first night. So we will be well relaxed by the time we do get to Canberra the next day. Very low stress! Maybe you should bring several kilos of coffee! Ha! Ha! Oh yes....Its probably going to be an early start the next day too so bring your alarm clock with the bloody big bells on it! Hee Hee!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007