Kombi Convoy

Discussion in 'The First national Kombi Club Bus Stop 2007' started by cammokombi, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Alice in Kombiland

Alice in Kombiland Well-Known Member

Hey Necro,
    We'll still be trying to register Woger on Thursday morning. I couldn't get an earlier appointment than 11am. So we'll be getting Woger legal and then flooring it to catch up with everyone....we could be a two car convey if you want to sleep in.

PS. Woger is at the Doctor at the moment....fingers still crossed

2. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Necro's Alarm Clock

I HAVE NECRO"S ALARM CLOCK TO MAKE SURE HE WAKES UP ON TIME...

[​IMG]

3. Necro

Necro Active Member

Just one stick will do Cammo....

Hey Alice, gotta start packing and make some decisions, will let you know...

Nice to know if I can't make the early run I won't be left behind...

Abandoned, all on my lonesome....

Registration might take a while though, which Vicroads will you go to....?

I'd recommend one without a pit....

4. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

Good Luck Alice

We will keep an eye out for you in our rear view mirrors. As soon as you see us in the distance put out a call on Ch.18 and we will all cheer for you! If we make it to the rest area before you I will mark it with a big Kombi Convoy Sign so you wont miss it. The rest area we hope to stop at is on the right hand side before Holbrook. See you there. Regards, Cammo.

5. Necro

Necro Active Member

Just to be a pain, I had a look at the map in the thread and Holbrook isn't there....probably been mentioned where, but I am an absent minded clown sometimes....

Take now for instance, supposed to be packing and I am typing...

Which reminds me I am thinking of getting food up there...save transporting it...and beer, I presume there will be the normal shops near eaglehawk....?

6. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

140k south of gundagai if you see a submarine in the main street thats Holbrook.

What are you going to eat/drink for the thursday and friday before we enter the vanpark? At least 4 meals? Remember its Easter not everything will be open.

7. Alice in Kombiland

Alice in Kombiland Well-Known Member

Does Greensborough have one?...that's the only place I could get.

8. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

All Systems Go

Thunderbirds are Go. FAB!

ONE SLEEP LEFT - yeh right whos gunna get any sleep?
    Everything that can be done has been done. So its now a case of turning off this computer and setting the alarm clock. See you all in the morning bright eyed and bushy tailed? (NOT) Ha Ha.

Komby Convoy here we come...

9. Van Housing

Van Housing Well-Known Member

If anyone coming to Canberra is still reading this thread, rather than doing a last-minute panic (my week!) - SEE YOU SOON!!!!

Murphy has tried his darnedest to stop us, but at this point it looks like we are still going! The mechanic has confirmed that, at great expense, Woger should be roadworthy by 10am tomorrow, with an appointment at Vicroads at 11:15, so hopefully by midday or so he will be registered and on the road. (I already have the plates.) After that, we just cruise, we will be in no rush so will no doubt arrive at the first campsite a few hours after everyone else (but will arrive in Canberra the next day at the designated time!) It's been very expensive (in the end, we had to borrow money) but at this stage it looks like we will be maybe four hours behind the convoy tomorrow! (we'll go in Alice's car if Woger won't make it....)

I would show a shot of Woger arriving at the bus doctor on a trailer, looking magnificent in his Necro spare-wheel cover, but Photobucket is doing site maintenance at the moment so I can't upload the pix... I also took a photo of a yellow bus with gothic touches plated ""Zombi" - a definite sibling to Lulu the Necro-bus...

Anyway, we'll catch up with you all somewhere past the border tomorrow night....

And, yep, I always leave things to the last moment, and things do always go wrong... but, fingers crossed, the belated efforts will be worth it! Alice has been invaluable, and it is through her efforts we have got to this point... Now to think about packing (whoops no money for food!) Woger, over and out....

NO SLEEP TIL CANBERRA!!!!

10. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

Hope all goes well tomorrow woz and you get away ok. :)

cheers brian and cathy

11. Van Housing

Drill my plates or my hatch?

Hey Brian are you coming to Canberra, or didn't things pan out in the end?

General Q: I have to attach my number plates tomorrow, but the holes don't match the locations of the two screws on the back of my kombi. So, should I drill two new holes through the centre line of my semi-personalised plates (per kg, probably the most valuable part on my bus) or should I (gasp) drill four new holes through my hatch?

12. Necro

Necro Active Member

Can't wait to see pics of the Zombi...:)

Good luck tomorrow Woz...at this point I am all excited and gunna try and make the convoy...if I fail expect a call and we can drive up together....:)

Miss Lulu is chomping at the bit....

13. Necro

Necro Active Member

Noooo....don't drill the hatch Daddy....!

14. melissa

melissa Administrator Staff Member

Drill the plates and put covers on them that cover the screws...you know those plastic covers?
    Like mine...
    [​IMG]
    That reminds me..I must get a set for the banana sundae..

15. Van Housing

Heh heh, you're right.... oh well, there goes the resale value of my plates!

See you tomorrow sometime... it is only 50/50 now that we can afford to register Woger tomorrow, I received $700 less than I expected and had to pay an outstanding fine from 1999 worth $583 today so the rego fee is probably too much too afford as we mightn't have enough left for petrol... and I wouldn't be able to afford RACV either (a bit scary...) oh well, a camp-out surrounded by kombis would still be a good thing, I guess (but not the same....)

16. Van Housing

Sorry this is off-topic... the first pic is Woger arriving at his mechanic, the second is a poor shot of the zombi on a hoist - I forgot to photograph the cool horror doll in the back window with LEDS for nipples that light up when the bus brakes...

See ya all in Canberra!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. kommodius

kommodius New Member

"Welease Woger!"

Hope to see you at the Geoffrey mate!

Ray & da Boyz

18. Van Housing

Woger will be weleased!

Well, after much angst and number-crunching, Alice and I have determined that we will be taking Woger to Canberra after all! Hooray! There was far more wrong with my bus than I expected, but the mechanics have been great at working to the tight schedule, so assuming they are able to issue us that RWC tomorrow morning (and we get that 6 month rego that Alice researched) then we think we can just scrounge enough money together to make the trip. (I am not even sure how much we will pay for petrol!). We expect we will be four to five hours behind the convoy (leaving 1 or 2pm), and will be taking it slow, so should reach the road-stop by 10pm (hopefully hours earlier).

We haven't even thought about packing yet! I hope that gas cylinder has gas...

My mobile number is 0431 201 934. It would be cool if someone could give us a call (or SMS) in the early evening, and explain where to meet... See you all tomorrow!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2007
  19. cammokombi

cammokombi New Member

First night

Hey Woz,
    The first night rest area is planned at one of the rest areas on the right before Holbrook. I will put a large KOMBI CONVOY sign up on the right hand side of the road to mark the spot as it is quite a large area we might be up the back somewhere. Look for the sign, you should be able to see it even at night. See you when you get there.
    Cammo.

20. Van Housing

Thanks heaps for that Geoff! Can't wait to join up with the rest of the convoy... I think I will be struggling to sleep, thinking of all the things I need to get ready, this will be my first trip for many years. Alice has to work early in the morning for a few hours and is already unwell, so she will be very tired, so hopefully we won't get there late....