1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kombi Curtains...hope it works out...

Discussion in 'Kombi Stories' started by Sheriff, May 23, 2011.

1. Sheriff

Sheriff Active Member

We have had so much fun arranging new curtains for Big Ted. I found a site in the UK and lying in bed on Saturday morning blasted an email off 16000kms into the ether...
    Late Saturday we were working on Big Ted and in came the reply...
    For the next number of hours (maybe 5 or 6) we were emailing back and forward as we worked away. Sim and I were detailing Big Ted so the whole night we were in the garage, in the Kombi.
    I would remember something and email it off, a question or 2 would come back. We had the measuring tape out to account for quirky cabinet design mods to curtains...etc etc...
    Midnight our time we had received the final sketches (yes, hand drawn, scanned and emailed, been on the web site and selected fabric, agreed in shipping and ordered.

It will all make up part of the wonderful tapestry of doing up our Kombis. Everything seems to have a story of some sort. 5 days to make them, 5 days to ship them and for $198 at our door I have bespoke, customised 100% cotton and backed curtains.

Ours are to restore the curtains to the origial rail all round but she does curtains for the wire as well.
    Check it out if you need curtains...(no validation yet, we havent seen ours! I must admit though, even crooked it would add to the story).
    www.campersagogo.net
    Thanks to Katrina for the adventure of acquisition. If the curtains are half as good as the process was fun...I'll be happy :)

2. ruby6689

ruby6689 Well-Known Member

You will have to post a few pics when you get them in Big Ted sounds like a fantastic service.

I am currently searching for curtain material for our retro caravan, many an email sent OS. The internet is a wonderful tool.

3. jobell

jobell Active Member

I'd love to see some pics too! I made the curtains for my van recently, and adding up the time spent plus materials, I reckon that you've got a good deal there. If I even have to replace them, I'll be ordering them, not making them.

Sewing, I've discovered, is a bit like painting; you start off all enthusiastic, but the sheer tedium of it all requires more patience than I have to offer. :)

4. beatnick

beatnick New Member

Hi Sheriff
    Katrina calling from 10,000 miles......thanks for the little write up about the curtains.....they're winging their way over to you as I type.....and there's a little something in your paypal account,its not much but when you own a VW every little helps.Now its back to my trusted old sewing machine and that 100w bulb....thanks for the order let me know when they've arrived and photos are always appreciated...Oh and I hope they're not crooked =)

5. Terrordales

Terrordales Active Member

Have the curtains arrived yet?

6. Sheriff

Sheriff Active Member

They did! 8 days afterlacing the order - half way round the world!!!
    They are fantastic and beautifully made!
    I haven't put them in yet because Big Ted has to go off for a custom made bed extension tent fitting this week and separately, a rear side window glass replacement in the coming weeks and I dont want to risk damaging/soiling them.
    As soon as he is (taken there and then) back I'll install them and post pics!!!
    Rich

7. evsky

evsky Member

Any pics yet??????????

8. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Ive just emailed Katrina and putting in my order :) really really hoping she has the brown hibiscus print as its just what ive been looking for! so glad I found this thread. come on though...pics please :)

9. beatnick

beatnick New Member

Hi Lottie
    I hope the curtains arrived ok! love to see some pics too!
    I'm always happy to make and send curtains out across the world!!

10. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Hi Katrina, will be coming tommorow :) was in Sydney whren they arrived. Cant wait to see them and dont worry I'll get pics up this week as soon as theyre up. Thank you again for your speedy service

11. Lottie

Lottie New Member

Theyre here Katrina and just fantastic, absolutely love them, thank you. Unfortunately, Lottie is rather sick!!! and will be spending the next few days having some repairs done so it looks like it could be the weekend before theyre up. I'll post pics as soon as they are. Thanks again, love em

12. beatnick

beatnick New Member

Hi Lotti
    Thanks for letting me know that the curtains have arrived! sorry to hear Lottie's sick unfortunately thats the joys of owning a VW! hopefully she'll be out and about soon sporting her new curtains.
    Thanks again for the order (maybe I should move out to Aus and start up selling curtains out there?)
    Katrina