1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kombi Dogs.....our co-pilots

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by oldman, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Nozza

Nozza Well-Known Member

Willow had her first ride in Sam today. She started off in the back as per the T5, but as soon as I started the engine, she bolted for the front and cowered in the passenger footwell shaking. No sound deadening or mats / carpet anywhere, little furniture.
    She was glad to jump out at the beach, and didn't want to get back in after the walk.
    Put her up on the front passenger seat which made her happier.

DSCN0853_001.JPG

Although on the trip home she seemed to think if I was allowed to sit behind the steering wheel, she should be too.....

oldman, wirrah, TeeBee and 1 other person like this.
  2. TeeBee

TeeBee Well-Known Member

Awwwww, poor Willow! Although, if my spaniels were still here, they'd be scared in the kombi too, I think. They always did get the "jitters" at new (and loud) things.

3. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

From left to right, Ginevra Weasley (Ginny), Iseult (Izzy) and Kit Walker (Kit) all waiting for their turn in the back of the Caravelle

2018 08 19 002.jpg

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    TeeBee and oldman like this.
  4. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

went looking for a few "in car" pics

Here is Karsha and my son's Baldrick going for a swim at Rodd Point
    upload_2018-8-19_13-5-40.png

ruby6689, Syncro27, Ninga and 3 others like this.
  5. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

OK - so realized I have bugger all pics of dogs in cars I thought i would start to change that

Here is Baldrick all dressed up to to go to Tiggers at 5 Dock this afternoon

It is actually Karsha's tie but she is too old to go up for beers with Holzl and Reme

Yes - I am a Tigger supporter

upload_2018-8-19_18-6-42.png

Syncro27, Ninga, TeeBee and 2 others like this.
  6. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

You know... If I tried this on one of mine they would probably eat it! :eek:

TeeBee and oldman like this.
  7. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

He doesnt like the bumble bee or kermit suits we got him

Ninga and oldman like this.
  8. oldman

oldman Super Moderator Staff Member

Kirra used to tolerate the reindeer antlers and ho ho ho chest bib at Christmas time..... ;)
    I’ll see if I can dig up a pic....
    Cheers,
    Mark

Ninga and wirrah like this.
  9. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

He does look a tad embarrassed in the tie!

Ninga and oldman like this.
  10. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

Like this? They chewed these up pretty much.

xmas.jpg

oldman and TeeBee like this.
  11. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

being a tigger supportero_O:oops:

12. TeeBee

TeeBee Well-Known Member

20180819_194713-03.jpeg
    I had to Photoshop this hat on to my girl, she never would have allowed the real thing!

Ninga, Grantus, wirrah and 1 other person like this.
  13. Nozza

Nozza Well-Known Member

If we're doing Christmas photos, I'll have to access the archives......

14. Barry

Barry Well-Known Member

yeah...................we all have our crosses to bear

Wayne murray likes this.
  15. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Or just wait a couple of months......;)

David H likes this.
  16. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

Regardless what a stunning girl!!

oldman and TeeBee like this.
  17. David H

David H Well-Known Member

I was a sheep dog guy but the photos of your spaniels has shown me another breed & how beautiful they are. They are obviously smart & very trainable. What are some of their other characteristics? Don't do 'loyal, obeying etc'. What made them different than any other dog?
    Cheers

18. TeeBee

TeeBee Well-Known Member

Ha ha ha - I'd love to say that my Cocker Spaniel was "very trainable", but she was very naughty! I took her to dog obedience training, and while the other dogs were doing a half reasonable job, my girl was rolling in the mud and then jumping up on the trainer, covering her in mud as well. o_O If someone left my front door open for half a second longer than was needed, she'd be out and running around the neighbourhood with no intention of coming back! But, nonetheless, I loved her to bits. :)

David H, oldman and wirrah like this.
  19. wirrah

wirrah Well-Known Member

This a very difficult question to answer. We have had many Cockers over the past 20 years. Seven currently (5 Engies and 2 Amies), another 8 lie at rest in the rose garden. All but 3 have been rescues of one type or another. In all that time I cannot ascribe any specific attribute that could be applied to all those dogs that would shout out "This is what uniquely defines a Cocker Spaniel and what makes them different" (ignoring the obvious physical traits). They are all individuals. Like any dog of any breed or mix. Nature and Nurture. But I guess the English poet and essayist E. V. Lucas sums it up, for me at least, in the last verse of his poem (Entitled "Cocker Spaniels" :D)

Yet why compare? All dogs on earth
    Possess some special charm and worth,
    But Cocker spaniels? Every way,
    THEY are the canine angels, THEY.

And just to prove I love all dogs and don't only photograph Kombies. This is Ch. Hartwyn Royal Zulu having a great time at our Obedience trial back in July... And, to stay on topic, the 'Velle was on the grounds as well (with a Cocker Spaniel in it :) although he, or rather we, did not do all that well in the trial :(). Meanwhile our puppies Izzy and Ginny, in the back of the Disco, proved a smash hit with people queuing up to see them.

2018-07-22-126.jpg

ruby6689, Syncro27, Ninga and 4 others like this.
  20. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Thanks for your replies:D. Had a mate with a few border collies & they would 'round up ants' to keep themselves busy:p.
    We've had a couple of Bichon Frise (bred to catch rats in French Castles) & you could give them a chook carcass & not only not choke on a bone but you won't find any bones after they devour it:cool:. They are so fast & neat tidying up;)!

I sorta think Sheep dogs are a bit like a Kombi. Not the fastest getting there but having the most fun:cool:. Loyal like all dogs but my OES once jumped off a 50' cliff to 'rescue me' after I'd crashed into the cliff in a hang glider & fallen with kite to ground:oops:. Small scrub below saved both of us:p.
    Cheers

TeeBee and wirrah like this.