Kombi glass

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by urbexdweller, Nov 27, 2017.

1. urbexdweller

urbexdweller Member

is it hard to get a full set of glass for a baywindow kombi?

2. David H

David H Well-Known Member

Hi urbexdweller,
    That be a yes & no from my experience. Depends if you want the 'flipper' windows as they're a bit harder to come by;). Some of the new glass is not quite the same shape as originals (a bit bigger) that makes fitment much more difficult:rolleyes:.
    Why do you need new glass since this is one of the last things that rusts:p?
    Cheers

3. Uke Baby

Uke Baby Active Member

4. urbexdweller

urbexdweller Member

Hi guys, thanks for the response.

I was considering purchasing a kombi that is missing all the glass.. I thought that was a bit strange, but would make sense if it was hard to come by.. is missing the door glass too apparently

5. David H

Ah ...that explains your question & mine:p. I gave one (whole rusty Kombi) away years ago that I'd bought for a song but took the flipper windows out first & the instrument cluster:D.
    All full glass easy to come by as are sliders & rubbers etc. Sometimes you do need to be patient from suppliers about what's available at any moment;). Go & buy it ....:rolleyes: for cheap.
    Cheers

6. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

You forgot to mention don't post it David H:eek:;) Most of the glass is easily obtained from the suppliers out here like Bus stop or JKA (just kampers ) Have a look on website and click away (spend $) If you want original glass you have to look around for someone selling or giving it away. Problem can be that old glass depends on how people store it, can have more scratches on it then you running through a box bush.:eek::confused:. I don't know any suppliers of VW parts in Adelaide.

7. David H

Would use KC couriers next time Wayne;). At least they care:).
    Cheers

Wayne murray likes this.
  8. Wayne murray

Wayne murray Well-Known Member

I thought I just throw that one in for good measure.;)

David H likes this.
  9. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Considering dipping your toe back into a Kombi buddy? :rolleyes:

Hoping your prospective purchase has just come out of the spray booth, after rust attended too, and ready to refit glass that they’ve lost.... ;)

Wayne murray likes this.