1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kombi Smash caused by Ford Driver near Coolum

Discussion in 'Kombi Club' started by The Brewmaster, May 21, 2008.

1. Grantus

Grantus Well-Known Member

Sorry for my slackness.... been too busy working.

Just popped my pledged 100 into the bucket - best wishes to all the family!:heart:

Keep us posted.;)

2. heartland

heartland New Member

I have been following this story with much interest and am so sad about Tony's situation - We have just dipped our hands in our pockets too and added to the paypal account set up for Tony - wish we could of pledged more but if everyone can just give what they can afford I'm sure Tony's family will be forever grateful - it's times like this that while all the prayers in the world are wonderful the almighty dollar is more practical - it's a fact of life - we all need money.:heart:

3. Grantus

Absolutely correct.... I'm sure every dollar counts, so EVERY donation will assist, no matter what the amount.

Kombi Karma - my donation came from recycling excess VW parts on Ebay, which I had no further use for, but somewhere on the planet, they are now in use in another VW that needed them! So the sale price wasn't the aim, rather that they would go to a good home, and be in use, and not become landfill.;)

4. minniemum

minniemum Member

Kombi karma kicks in again

Kombi lovers will enjoy this story....... on the weekend I found the kombi I have been dreaming of (assisted by the wonderful Toni and Brett) I offered the owner what I thought was a fair price. SHE THEN TRIED TO BARGAIN ME DOWN $500!!!! I said, lets split the difference and she reluctantly agreed :wtf: I've decided that Tony gets my half of the difference.....it's just kombi karma ;)

5. felixqld66

felixqld66 Member

Workmates just gave me $40 to pass on it has now been added to the kitty this is getting a real roll on.

Have a great day:D

6. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

Think it is the InvisibleSmith on here who is pretty arty and may be able to do up a card :)

7. kerrikom

kerrikom New Member

Hi all, just had to say how great is to see everyone getting behind a fellow kombi driver in need. It just makes having a kombi even better.. ....knowing that kombi drivers are just a damn good bunch of people! good luck to Tony and we'll be digging deep for him too.

8. greenie

greenie Member

Clicked on the button last night - wish it could have been more that we could give - but sending lots of good wishes and kombi karma.

Greenie

9. clark brick

clark brick New Member

hey all , Jeff here ,

Tony is going ok , and is slowly improving each day.

The fund is a little over $1100 which is mindblowing .

kombi club = awesome support

Jeff

10. KahunaKombi

KahunaKombi Super Moderator Staff Member

;) Great to get your updates Jeff and to hear Tony is making progress :D

11. Hutcho

Hutcho New Member

Tony

I have known the family for over 12 years now. Without giving away any private details, I can tell you Tony is mariried to a beautiful woman with 2 gorgeous little girls. He is a gentle soul, who surfs every day, is a yoga instructor of some notoriety and just a wonderful bloke to talk to and be around. He did lose half of his leg and is recovering still in hospital.
    I will pass on the KC members' wishes of some sort of fundraising help to the family and will leave up to them.
    His brother has also owned a few Kombi's over the years and will be stoked to know that the KC is willing to help and theinking of one of their own.

Thanks for thinking of Tony and keep the positive vibes coming...

12. Grantus

Besides my Ebay funds, I've just had a thought -

I'm going to drive a dirty T3 for a month to donate a few more dollars.

I religiously wash my bus once a week at the carwash for $10 a go, so if I leave it dirty for 4 weeks, I can drop another $40 in the bucket. :)

13. Dingostrategy

Dingostrategy Active Member

Wow, that's a fantastic response. I hope the money makes things just a little bit easier. Nothing but time, immobilisation and possibly some specific nerve growth factors can heal bones, but a little slush money can do that bit more to get people on a track to the fullest possible recovery. This KC fund is truly beautiful and my 10 minutes knocking up a few websites and buttons was quite honestly the best 10 minutes I've spent this year!

Good going everyone, and all the best.

Warren went in for his surgery today, in other Kombi news. But that's for another thread...

Dingo.

14. katmaren1

katmaren1 New Member

Tonys Sister Kate here

Just absolutely amazing the donations!!!

I went and visited tony on Friday and he was looking the best i have seen him - towards the afternoon he was allowed to hop into a wheelchair although it was a bit of a struggle but he did it - we all went downstairs to the cafeteria and just chilled out a bit - he was very overwhelmed (having been stuck in a room for the past week and a half) and i spose coming out into the real world made it seem all that realistic. yesterday saturday after a long wait all day he finally had surgery on his left foot and is now back in the ward although they changed his room so im sure he will have to get used to things all over again. i personally go through waves of emotions and still cant believe this has happened to such a positive and nice human being. your support is helping me come to terms with this tragic accident and gives me and my family hope !!!

Thankyou Kate

15. Royce

Royce Active Member

You guys really know how to touch a person's heart. Our best wishes to all concerned and to all who have done such a great job in setting this up.

16. Sheriff

Sheriff Active Member

Hi all, great to see this effort for Tony and his family in this very awful time. I have been away all week but the Hamburg Hussy has been keeping me informed of updates. We have now donated also to this very good cause...keep on donating guys...great effort and best wishes.
    Rich

17. chopper

chopper New Member

Only just got back from up north and hadn't been on KC for a while and this was one of the first posts read. To Tony and his family...we send you all our best wishes in these difficult times.
    To those involved with the setting up for the fundraising...an absolutely marvelous job!!! Thank you!!!

Mr/s chopper

18. clayjay

clayjay New Member

I really feel for this poor sod. Not just because he has lost a leg, but because he has paid a heavy price for something that wasn't his fault. There but for the grace of god go all of us.
    I wonder what happened to the stupid old bastard who drove onto the other lane.......probably came out of it with nothing but a sore chest from his seat belt. I'm betting he'll get nothing more than a slap on the wrist if it even finds it's way to court.

I've often thought just how vulnerable Kombis are to a head on crash. I rather WOULD be in a Hyundi (that's the ONLY time I'd ever say that) under those circumstances. There is nothing between the source of impact and you but a piece of 1mm thick steel.

19. Grantus

Valid point...BUT, I think it was an accident - yes, that's what accidents are!

Rather than the legal implications of who or what......

A kombi driver, and his family, are suffering the implications of that accident - that's what this thread is about!

I can't help with the major task of recuperation that this "poor sod" will have to go through, but hopefully, ANY amount we can chip into the bucket, will ease the short term worries for the family, to ease the financial strain, in such a disastrous scenario.

That's what this thread is all about!

And the close family / friends that have logged onto this forum.... best wishes!:heart:

20. Che Chezzie

Che Chezzie New Member

I have just been glued to my pc for half an hour. It's been a while since we've visited the Kc forum and I have just been blown away by everything I have read; from the horrific accident and the outcome for the driver, Tony and his family to the great camaraderie of the Kc members, virtual strangers pouring out their hearts and prepared to empty their pockets to help a follow kombi driver. I am proud to be counted as one of you, we're just about to embark on new heads for 'kenny', but he may have to wait a while longer yet. I would be honoured to help as much as I can.

Our thoughts are with you Tony for a speedy recovery, you are indeed very lucky to have such a warm and loving family around you for support, that is something that all the money in the world can not buy. Good luck.