Kombi split parts for sale

Discussion in 'Buying and selling help' started by Ian Wilton, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Ian Wilton

Ian Wilton New Member

Hi. I'm a new member and my problem is that I have someone interested in buying my old Kombi split for parts. Now I don't want to rip him off, or rip myself off, so I was wondering whether there is anywhere on this site, or anywhere else where I can check on fair prices for the parts? Thanks for any advice as I do want to do the right thing price wise for both of us.

2. splitbus

splitbus Well-Known Member

What are the parts

3. Aspro

Aspro Well-Known Member

Are you planning on advertising them here to give members a chance to buy them?
    If not I think it's a bit cheeky asking for valuations. Particularly considering it's your 1st post.

4. Ian Wilton

Ian Wilton New Member

No I won't be advertising on this site as this bloke did the hard work of tracking us down, finding and uncovering it. I just thought that this, being a help forum for fellow Kombi owners and restorers would be a good place to start, to get a rough idea of prices that would suit both of us as any prices I've found on the internet seem way over the top.

5. Ian Wilton

Ian Wilton New Member

Front end, back end, doors, all windows and gauges. Roof and floor are all rusted out, so pretty much everything except the middle. It has the big round indicators that a friend told me, makes it between '64 - '68.

6. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

If the bus is a junka then worth bugger all. All the parts you list can be bought new and those ones are probably knacked.
    The only things that would be of real use is the window glass as a template for new gear (a full set of new glass is $300) and the guages that if in perfect condition fetch up to $300 but most goe fro $50-100.
    The whole thing maybe $500, maybe....
    By the sounds of it (without photos) the guy wanting to buy it is doing you a service. Splitties are fetching good money these days, but those were also special splitties. Standard late models splits are still just standard late model splits (I should know, I drive one).

7. DakDak67

DakDak67 Active Member

All OE Splitty parts are hard to find and worth good $$ , repo stuff is utter garbage and only looks good for a few years.

8. obi

obi Member

Im interested in doors and right rear corner which includes the belt strip
    Mark 0407073781

9. Aspro

Aspro Well-Known Member

Read the thread Mark. He's not interested in selling anything to us. He just wants to get a value.

10. 68BUS

68BUS Well-Known Member

Thats why I told them they were worth F all.
    Rather support a genuine vw person then someone with one on their property to make money.

11. tracash242

tracash242 New Member

it could be reparable ,I'm in the local area and are desperately looking for a drivers seat for one ?can pick up with cash money any time or if he's going to use for parts pass my details on please,

12. 71low

71low Member

I am currently working on buying two more 66 kombis which come with a lot of parts. Will have drivers seat available soon. You can ring me 0400911215 for more details. Not far for cairns member.

tracash242 likes this.
  13. tracash242

tracash242 New Member

Cheers dude will call you soon

14. tracash242

tracash242 New Member

Hi dude left a message